Monday, October 12, 2009

Finally!

So, I don't have a good excuse. Not like Alisa, who was having a great week with her stationed-out-of the-country husband. Or Elise, who is uber pregnant with her third and just got back from a trip to UT (so glad she didn't have the baby on the plane!). Nope, no good excuses. I just haven't had the sit and blog bug. Maybe because we are the most boring people on the planet!

Date nights and date night babysitting continue to be wonderful. We are up for sitting this coming Friday and I think we will get the little baby this time too, so our numbers will be up to 6. Fall is here and winter is coming which means we can't rely on outside play. We will have to break out our in house ideas. Wait...do we have any?

Due to the ending of a lease, the Spanish branch in our area is now meeting in our building. As there are currently already 3 wards meeting in the building this created a need for some scheduling creativity. In the end we got moved to the 11:00 time. I was VERY unhappy about this. We had been waiting two years for the "good" church time and I had been enjoying it thoroughly. You know, the time that doesn't interfere with a meal or nap or as always seems to be the case for us-both!

So, now we have not so good Sundays. Blahh!!

One thing that the boys have been enjoying is that Chris usually gets up with them and plays legos with them. He makes them all sorts of fun things, usually of the flying or rolling variety, although a house or two has been made too. (While momentarily scary, I promise he is wearing underwear!!)

(But, yes, apparently his fly is undone. Don't know why-it's not like he uses it yet!)

And at the final garage sale of the season (for me) I finally managed to score that elusive item that I have been hunting for all summer. Noah's long, long, long, awaited birthday present. We finally found a little bike!! We were just getting to the end of the season and hoping for a sale but got an even better deal on this little prize.

We had it for about a week before we could coax Noah onto it. Given the choice he kept choosing the neighbor's trampoline. But eventually Chris got him on it and it was a hit. Pedaling is still a work in progress but you can push between is shoulders to keep him going and he can steer like a star! Happy Belated Birthday, Noah!

General Conference was great and we were so excited to be able to watch it on cable this time. Comcast broadcast it in our region for the first time ever. YAY!!

And last week Chris went to a conference in NC, not too far from his brother and his family. So while he was away we had a Daddy Appreciation Week. As seems to be the tradition, one or more of the three of us was sick the whole time he was gone. I am sure it is so that I get the full "appreciate your husband" message.

Message received, loud and clear!

We went to the airport to pick him up on Saturday and the boys had fun riding the elevators and of course, seeing dad. Since he has been home it has been all-dad-all-the-time (at least while he is home). Whining and pushing to sit on his lap, have his attention, play with, show things too, etc. We are probably more glad to have him back than he is to be back:)

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Nice entry---nothing earth shaking, but I enjoyed it---Thanks!!

Elise said...

I love you, Leah. That's all.

Clara said...

Leah, I love your blog! And I love all the pictures you take and post on there! Noah looks great on his new bike!! I'm excited to see y'all soon!