Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sage Turns 2!

Sage turned 2 on May 27th. I took her for her two year check up and got her new stats.  She is 27 lbs, 10 oz (35%-a jump up from the 25%, where she has been just about since she was born.) She is 36 inches tall (90%).  
I had a bit of a cake dilemma--I had no clue what special cake to make.  Sage has no real passions as of yet. Elise suggested a rainbow cake and my friend Andrea had just done a cake covered in sixlets for her daughter. 
Mixing the two ideas gave me this:
A taste of the rainbow for my curly haired girl!
Ian (4), Sage (2), and Noah (6)
She knew to blow.
And she tried really hard.
But in the end she had some help.  The inside of the cake was a treat for the eyes (and taste buds-almond flavored!)
But Sage was all about the skittles.  She couldn't resist licking the ones off the top edge.
And when that was done she picked them off the sides!
Gifts were next.  One of the things I love about the young birthdays is they are happy with what they get, be it 1 present or 10.  Sage got a few (thanks, Grandma Mar and Grandpa Jim!) but loved her baby best!

Feeding her 'babee' her 'bobble' is a happy time these days.
Happy Birthday, Sage!  We are so grateful for the smiles, bouncy curls, dancing, and joy you bring to our family!!

5 comments:

Karisa and John said...

Happy birthday Sage!

I hope she realizes that 6-layered cakes don't come around every day! What a lucky duck. That cake was awesome!

Clara said...

I love the cake! You always make the coolest cakes! What type of cake was it in terms of flavor? Thank you for sharing all the pictures...wish we had been there.

Leslie said...

I love that little cutie! The cake is over the top---Dad says he wants you to make his birthday cake.

Michelle said...

How fun! And what an impressive cake! So cute. BTW, when you said her stats I thought "oh, I should take Alice in when she turns 2" and then remembered "wait, she already did!". I guess I should take her in one of these days. :) I love Sage's curly hair!

Aria Eden said...

How cool! I think that puts even my crocodile brownies to shame. It definitely puts Marian's plain undecorated brownies to shame. :) We have that same baby doll! Have you discovered all the quirks? We had it for months before we did (ie falling asleep after you feed her a bottle)!