Sunday, August 25, 2013
Hooked?
Hey, this is Chris here. Leah's next blog post will probably be baby photos, so I'm sneaking on to post some pictures I thought you might enjoy. I took the kids fishing for the first time yesterday. We only went for an hour and the big ones um, got away, but we had a good time and made a memory.
My first fishing experience was as a boy scout. My general impression was that I liked being out in a beautiful, natural setting. But I could enjoy it just as much without poking holes in slimy fish. So I didn't touch another fishing pole for 20 years. Then we went to Tennessee last month to visit cousins for a family reunion. The kids went fishing in a stream at the end of the road, and Noah caught a little fish. The fish was tossed back, but Noah was firmly hooked. When we saw a fishing pole at a rummage sale last week, I thought it was worth $5 to give it a try. A few more bucks at Wal-Mart for some basic tackle and we were in business. Kids under 16 fish for free in Wisconsin, so no need for a license. The wily fish ate half of our bait before I learned to bait the hook properly. Once we put the worms in the right spot, we pulled in one little fish after another. Everyone caught at least one, and I think Noah caught two or three. Sage didn't want to touch anything, not even the line with the fish hanging on it. She touched a worm once and screamed when her finger got slimy. But she was a great audience.
Time will tell if the fishing experience was a flash in the pan or if the kids really got hooked. I guess I will find out at about 6:30 next Saturday morning when the boys wake me up for breakfast.
Posted by Leah at 10:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Love the post Chris! Sounds like y'all had a lot of fun!
Post a Comment