So, I realize that my loooong hiatus from blogging means I probably have no readers. But since this blog is 99.5% for me and family history that is ok.
If, by chance, anyone else does stop in, I of course have a goal to get filled out and caught up. In the spirit of this goal here is a huge change we experienced today: Sage lost her locks!
Before:
This is the first time Sage has had her hair cut ever. Her hair came all the way down to her bum and was oh-so-cute-and-curly on the ends (with her baby curls!) with the natural layers that come from all the hair on your head being relatively the same length but growing from different starting places. In other words, practically perfect in every way!
How could I bear to cut it off? I pretty much couldn't for the longest time. 4 years to be precise! It was so beautiful and easy to manage for years. She didn't want it cut because she was worried she would look like a boy. But Chris kept suggesting it to her, putting that bug in her brain that it would be such a good idea to cut it off. How easy it would be to wash and comb. Wouldn't it just be a grand idea? Eventually, she agreed. That was the beginning of the end.
Today I bit the bullet and took her to get it cut. She enjoyed her experience but hasn't said much about her hair. As for me, I think it is totally cute, makes her look older and I am sad about her beautiful lovely locks that were lost.
2 comments:
She looks so cute! We just did the same thing with Alice, though she had lost most of her curls by then anyways and I had trimmed it before so it wasn't quite so traumatic. :)I agree that it makes them so much more grown up! And it is about a million times easier to brush. It doesn't tangle! I wasn't expecting that. Anyways, super cute. I can't believe how big she's getting! I dreamed I visited you guys last week! :)
I'm still reading( :
Post a Comment