Since Chris and I have been married we have always lived pretty far from family. Long drives are our norm. And it is usually us that does the traveling. There are exceptions, of course.
Oh, how we prize the exceptions! This time we were even so lucky as to have them overlap!
Stephanie came for visit and you know we have to take advantage. It's only right as her family that we test her handyman skills. Right?!?
This was actually quite the feat that Chris and Stephanie accomplished. We had a tall entertainment cabinet that I just got to hating and decided it needed to go. It was so tall it was taking over our whole living room. Chris was sure that it could be cut down and still be useful. I doubted his chances of success in being able to make all the cuts level and even all the way around, given the tools he had to work with. I should really give up my Doubting Thomas impression-he comes through every time. Stephanie just jumped right in and was the other pair of needed hands.
Andy came to visit and overlapped with Stephanie. That was pretty sweet. All though as parents we still had to get up in the morning, it was with little regret that we enjoyed the late night talking and catching up that seems to happen best in person.
How fun it was to have 4 Williamson siblings together in the far reaches of WI!
We tried to feed them well so they would want to come back!
Andy was able to make friends with Thea, a major win for him.
He also stayed over for Thanksgiving with us and headed down to my brother Ian's house, as we have in years past. And as in years, past I neglected to take pictures as I soaked up the goodness of hanging out with family.
The day after Thanksgiving we headed over to Chicago so Andy could do a little sight-seeing.
If you are a city person, or just enjoy a quick visit (like me:), Chicago does not disappoint!
And the success of Thanksgiving and our trip to Chicago was all due to this awesome guy, who also managed to win over the wee one!
0 comments:
Post a Comment