...is just one translation for the announcement that Noah recently made to Chris on my behalf. Noah had to say it a few times and Chris remained in the dark, until finally in the middle of yet another attempt to make the announcement Chris shouts "Really!?!"
Yep, I really am pregnant. If my already expanding belly (they really weren't kidding about that happening quicker with successive pregnancies!) didn't give it away, the acne, greasy hair, swelling face, soon to be HUGE NOSE (and Chris offered to bring home calipers to maintain a growth log!), rashes, 24/7 morning sickness, exhaustion and recent excruciating headaches are surefire ways to keep it foremost in my brain even when I am forgetting my own name, half my grocery list, and the name of any given object that I might need at any given time.
Did I mention that pregnancy and I don't get along. I am sure you can figure out why I say that. Definitely a love/hate relationship, and the only thing to love is the baby at the end. As if the above weren't enough I am still...um...anticipating?...the carpal tunnel, itchy belly, sore back and other aches and pains associated with pregnancy that are yet to come.
When I contemplated getting pregnant I knew it would be a miserable time and I really tried to psych myself up for being sick all the time. I think I was mostly prepared for that. But as other side effects became apparent I realized there was a whole slew of things I was not psyched up for, but mostly, I wasn't psyched up for being ugly. Pregnancy is supposed to be a wonderful, empowering, glowing time in a woman's life. Not so for me. I think I missed that line in the pre-earth life.
Chris hates it when I am pregnant, mostly for all the same reasons I do, but plus some. My pregnancy with Ian was really rough for both of us emotionally, not just physically. It seems like it was a real leap of faith for both of us when we decided to try and get pregnant again. I promised to buck up and he promised to be nice. And so far, I think we are doing a pretty good job.
Noah asks me periodically, "Mommy, do you have a baby in your tummy?" And I assure him that yes, I do. He has been very patient with my recent deficiencies in the mommy department and is very sweet when he knows I don't feel well. Just today he came and covered me up as I lay on the couch with his lovey blanket. "I will borrow this to you" he told me as he smoothed the blanket and patted my shoulder. Then as he walked away he told me he was going to get me more blankets and brought his from his bed.
N: "Are you sick, mommy?"
M: "Yes, my head hurts really bad."
N: "I will give it a kiss."
In that past, pregnancy has a way of not bringing out the best in us. This time we are trying to do it differently. Wish us luck!!
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Mommy's Poggett
Posted by Leah at 9:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
well...congrats for the end result anyway!!! and good luck...don't envy you there... :)
Congratulations! I'm sorry it's so difficult on you. I know a few women who chose to never get pregnant again because it was so hard. I like your perspective, though, and totally support you! Although my pregnancies aren't very difficult for me (I actually enjoy them once I'm past the first trimester), it does get harder physically each time. This third pregnancy has been so far the toughest and I even had to start medication just so I could function at home. You might be past the all-day sickness now (I hope you are!), but if not, ask your doctor for Zofran. They even have generic and it really works wonders. I know it's hard to take care of yourself when you have other little ones with many needs and demands, but even sitting down and closing your eyes for a couple minutes can give you energy for another hour at least. Good luck with everything! I'm excited to have a pregnant buddy only a few weeks further along than myself! Are you hoping it's a girl?
Take care!
CONGRATS!!! Just remember, it's only 9 (well, technically 10) months!! Give us a call if you need anything. We're not that far away!!
Congrats! Pregnancy doesn't agree with everyone, but the sweet baby at the end sure does! :) Noah is such a sweetie to take care of his mommy! :)
CONGRATS!! (on the baby... not all the side effects). Good Luck!
Can you start taking your Metformen again soon? I'm thinking that may help the rash.
Hey sweet sister, I had this thought. In our lives we experience things on two levels spiritual and physical. Much of what we experience physically we do not have controll of. Spiritually that is not true. We have the opportunity to control where our hearts dwell and the focus of our perceptions. This is a skill which I think we develop over time as we practise and gain experience. It sounds like you are working on it already amd that puts you in the right place for the Lord to bless your efforts. You go girl:)
Sounds like you and Chris have a good perspective on the tough times ahead... and I'm sure it helps to have such a sweet little boy taking care of you :) Good luck! Hope it's somehow a little better this go around!
Congratulations! I'm sorry pregnancy is so unpleasant for you! That just makes your sacrifice all the more precious. Funny thing is, I've yet to make it public, but I, too am preggo (12wks), and boy am I looking forward to getting past the first trimester yuckies. I can't imagine going 9 months without reprieve. When are you due?
Congratulations Leah! What us Mommy's go through to have our sweet children! It is totally worth it in the end as you well know. Just keep reminding yourself that you are an awesome wife, mother, sister, daughter, and friend! Love you!
Post a Comment