Monday, November 16, 2009

The Love Side

The love side of the whole "poggett" situation explains why I am not crazy. Because, really, who would go through all that other stuff if it wasn't for a totally worth it reason?

Like this:

And this:
And these:


"When the real history of mankind is fully disclosed, will it feature the echoes of gunfire or the shaping sound of lullabies? The great armistices made by military men or the peacemaking of women in homes and in neighborhoods? Will what happened in cradles and kitchens prove to be more controlling than what happened in congresses? When the surf of the centuries has made the great pyramids so much sand, the everlasting family will still be standing, because it is a celestial institution, formed outside telestial time. The women of God know this."
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

And another reason why doing something so hard might be worth the effort (Thanks, Alisa, for saving me the typing:):

"Throughout the ages, many have obtained guidance helpful to resolve challenges in their lives by following the example of respected individuals who resolved similar problems. Today, world conditions change so rapidly that such a course of action is often not available to us.

Personally, I rejoice in that reality because it creates a condition where we, of necessity, are more dependent upon the Spirit to guide us through the vicissitudes of life. Therefore, we are led to seek personal inspiration in life’s important decisions.

I am convinced that there is no simple formula or technique that would immediately allow you to master the ability to be guided by the voice of the Spirit. Our Father expects you to learn how to obtain that divine help by exercising faith in Him and His Holy Son, Jesus Christ.

Were you to receive inspired guidance just for the asking, you would become weak and ever more dependent on Them. They know that essential personal growth will come as you struggle to learn how to be led by the Spirit.

-Richard G. Scott, General Conference Oct. 2009

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Thank you for "getting it"! I see what you mean about Noah reminding you of Aaron.

Elise said...

I needed this tonight. In fact I should probably come back and read it everyday. Thanks, Doll Baby.

Leslie said...

I know I've already put in my two cents once, but I had an additional thought. Parenting children---providing mortal bodies and a guiding hand through mortality for our spiritual peers is an opportunity to learn and if we choose, experience, the type of sacrifice the Savior made in giving his whole mortal years and his life for us. We will need this knowledge and ability in the eternities to come. If we can offer up our whole selves to this task--as he did--we will have the blessing of joy in our efforts.

BigSista said...

I really think you are on the right track for making it through pregnancy and well all of life's most difficult challenges. I really liked Elder Scott's talk from Conference too. It made clear an idea that had been floating around in my brain for awhile.

havingcakeandeatingit2 said...

Well I am your big sister but the last comment was really mine.

Stephanie said...

Thanks for posting that, Leah. I love those quotes and couldn't agree more. Oh, and I'm pretty sure your kids keep getting cuter and cuter... I'm excited for a 3rd!