By far, the most successful occupation of the summer was swimming. And not because Noah progressed to the next level ('cause he didn't), but because I would pick him up each time and he would tell me that he loved it.Held at the local high school, the lessons were super convenient to home and in a real pool, not a kiddie pool. Ian wasn't old enough for lessons (through the park and rec department) but then, swimming and water isn't really his thing.
So it was just Noah, this year.We only got to observe a few times over a couple of weeks. At first I was a little perturbed-I like watching my kids do these kinds of things. But after the first day with Ian climbing-and falling-through the bleachers and Sage trying to wiggle down the whole time I realized that it was a blessing in disguise.
This is pretty much the reason Noah wasn't advanced to the next level. He loves the water but seems to have a healthy respect for the possibilities...to healthy maybe. He does not like putting his head back in the water.
Monday, July 18, 2011
Swimming Lessons
Posted by Leah at 9:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Time!
Loved the video! He is a great swimmer. :) Fun that we will have a little pool in the back of our place at the beach that he can practice.
Post a Comment