Ian had a veritable festival of a birthday!
Several days prior to his birthday Grandma Mar and Grandpa Jim's birthday card and gift came in the mail. It was a generous gift card from Target (which ironically, the boys are pretty convinced that Target is the source of ALL birthday gifts!).
We had to go right out that day to pick out what he wanted. It was agony waiting for Daddy to come and home and be a part of the outing.
After much hemming and hawing, examining everything in every boy toy aisle, a motorized Diesel Ten train (from Thomas) and Star Wars puzzle were chosen. He was so thrilled!For his actual celebration Ian chose to invite two friends and go to the Jump Zone. His birthday very conveniently fell on a Saturday and we planned to play in the morning, have a pizza lunch and cake and ice cream after that.
It was all planned!
And then Sage got sick. And then Fynn got sick. And then Ian James and Audrey. And then Ian Christopher wasn't feeling so hot either. Since all the families involved had sickies we opted to postpone till the next Saturday.
But I had already made the chocolate pound cakes I was going to use to make his birthday cake so we figured we would sing, eat cake and open the presents from our family.He really liked his cousin's Trio blocks at Christmas so we thought they would be a safe bet. (Who says having a birthday close to Christmas isn't a good idea?)
A set of Trio blocks is fun but a gear set just expands the possibilities!
So, finally the day of his party arrived. The fun started at the Jump Zone.


All of these pictures were will my phone and so not all that great. I couldn't even get one of all the kids! But I promise he had friends there!
We made it home for pizza, cake and presents.A Diesel 10 cake was the request this year. It turned out well enough for Ian but I was reminded once again I have no artistic talent. Who can't even draw a good Diesel 10 face?
A good time was had by all (I hope:) and we loved having multiple opportunities to celebrate him.
Saturday, February 25, 2012
Ian is 4!
Posted by Leah at 8:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This looks so fun :) Your cakes look amazing and delicious!
I'm impressed with the train cake! Way to go! Can't believe he's 4...
Post a Comment