Saturday, February 4, 2012

My Treasure

Isn't in a treasure chest, won by sword. It is warmer and sweeter and makes me much happier.

Noah grew 2 inches in the last year.

I was up early with Sage on Sunday morning because she was sick and Noah and Ian came up for their chocolate milk. Noah was already in his church clothes and said "Mom, I got all dressed before you could ask me too." He then gathered his quiet toys, scriptures, and got his own breakfast.

He helps Ian zip his coat. He holds my hand as we walk back to the car after I pick him up from K-5.

His goodbyes when we drop him off for school have gotten longer. He must say goodbye to me Sage, Ian individually. Ian must tell him goodbye and then remind him that he should follow all the rules of kindergarten. Then he tells me goodbye again, that he loves me and that he will miss me. I reciprocate and then he says goodbye to Sage again who is still waving to him. Finally, I start to close the door and he will run off to the school door.
Sage's vocabulary includes 'ma', 'da', 'wee' when on the swing, 'go' when sledding, 'num-num' or 'numeeeee' when eating and 'my' when she is feeling possessive!
Her first time out playing in the snow didn't come until January. I brought her out all suited up and Chris said "she isn't going to last very long."
She made him eat his words, staying out the whole time that everyone else did-at least and hour or two. Chris called her a "true Wisconsinite."
Sage's new skills include climbing up on the cafe height kitchen chairs and up and down the ladder to Noah's bed.
We were out for the first time while it was snowing. When a little, puffy white flake would land on Sage's cheek she would say 'owie' with much alarm and face wiping.
Ian grew 3 1/2 inches in the last year. (How that is even possible when this kid lives on toast, yogurt, cheese crackers and wheat crackers is beyond me!)
N: Mom, Ian peeled the banana all by himself!
M: Awesome! Ian you have some serious skills!
I: Yeah, I do. Noah I have skills.
N: I want some skittles. Can I have some skittles?

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Rich woman indeed!

Clara said...

I love this post!! Thank you for sharing Leah!!! :) Love you and your family tons!