Saturday, June 8, 2013

Spectacular 7

Noah was excited for his birthday.  We hemmed and hawed over cakes and themes and where to have his party.  We wanted to keep it affordable but I really didn't think I could handle doing it here at the house. That left not at home but not outside since the weather in April is predictably unpredictable.

Noah finally settled on the Big Backyard, an indoor playground. We got invitations out in the nick of time and had a pretty good turnout and all around fun time! (I particularly enjoyed the no set up, no clean up!)

First, we played! Most of the playing pictures were just too dark.  But Sage and Audrey played in the lighter areas:)




I caught some peakers during playtime.  I was gratified that they liked the cake, since overall it wasn't what I had envisioned.

  .
We called everyone in for cake.





There was quite a bit of discussion about who would get which ninja.  I blessed the boy who asked for a skeleton!  In the end, we had to cut some in half.


Then we opened gifts.  He was very happy with all he received.





Noah seems to be in a constant growth spurt and towers over his siblings and most of his friends-even those older than he is! In the past year he has really expanded his acceptable food list.  He tries new things and sometimes even eats them even if he doesn't like them just so he can have dessert.  His sweet tooth matches mine, poor kid!  He really likes math and science.  Chris was thrilled when for a recent 'daddy date' they went to the half-price book store and got a book on the earth and one on the elements.  Noah says he wants to be a scientist when he grows up.  He is helpful and thoughtful.  It is fun and scary to see him thinking through how things work in the world and how he fits in and how his behavior affects the world around him.  He is growing and learning and figuring things out. He has shared his testimony in sacrament meeting three times now.  His bravery and confidence in front of a whole congregation are awesome to behold.

I love this kid!  I try to snuggle him up but he rarely allows it.  But every time I get him close I marvel at how far he has come from his little 6 lb, 6 week early start.  I couldn't ask for more! 

3 comments:

Leslie said...

We love you Noah-----we are very proud of you! We are excited to visit you this summer.

Leslie said...

We love you Noah-----we are very proud of you! We are excited to visit you this summer.

Stephanie said...

It's been a while since I checked blogs and I loved seeing the past few posts and all your pictures. :) Such happy family times- love you guys!!