Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween 2013


 The kids and Chris went to our usual pumpkin place that has fun things to do for free and a great selection of pumpkins in all shapes and sizes.
 Thea and I stayed home.  I waffled over this decision for awhile but eventually decided that we both would be better off at home this year.




 They came home with a load of pumpkins ready to be carved. We made plans and when the time was right we got to work. I really enjoyed this year because the boys are old enough to work on their own pumpkins and do some real carving with some handy dandy tools.
 I thought they all turned out great. The boys were determined to win the jack-o-lantern contest again this year at the ward Halloween party. (Turns out no one in the family won anything. I kinda think better no one than just one!)
 I took the opportunity to try out a find on Pinterest: Candy Corn Cookies

 Made out of colored sugar cookie dough, were pretty simple and tasted delicious!
 I couldn't not make these cuties either, though I confess to buying the donuts, not making them.
I don't think Chris has dressed up for so many Halloweens since he was child, but as bishop, he feels some social obligation!
 The ward Halloween party was great fun by all reports. The donut eating contest was a new addition to the festivities.
 Sage's preschool class dressed up and it was so adorable to see the kids in their costumes!  (I especially loved the peacock costume on the little blond girl and the parrot costume down in front:) Getting everyone to pose for pictures and all the parents trying to get a turn up front to take pictures is quite a task!
Trick or Treating happened without me and Thea as well.  It was rainy but the kids had a blast anyway. Free candy is hard to ruin!
 These pictures perfectly reflect the kids thoughts about their Halloween Haul.
Noah is thrilled and likes to get a lot of loot.
 Ian is mildly pleased and since he has not got a sweet tooth in his whole mouth he will end up giving most of his candy away.

 And Sage is a happy girl who got what she got and is happy with it:)

While I only got to participate on the periphery of activities outside the home I enjoyed the usual excitement of one of the kid's favorite holidays. Thea and I are looking forward to being more involved next year!

0 comments: