Chris loves to get together with friends for his birthday but it is a little hard to make that happen as all of his friends have small kids like we do.
This year, we just kept it simple. (This was helpful with a small baby and being pretty sleep deprived too:)
Sage drew the picture above. I was very impressed with her skills for a three year old.
Ian made Daddy a card of his own as well. I was very touched with his thoughtfulness
And generosity!
He got a few mishmash of gifts, needs and wants.
But really what he wanted for his birthday was a project and something new for the playroom. A little bit of research revealed all the supplies for a climbing wall in a mostly affordable fashion. (Actually, it was very affordable but we felt like we were stretching our budget, nonetheless.)
The project came together in stages, over a period of weeks.
In large part due to time and the weather-it was so cold we could hardly paint the wall!
But everyone pitched in. The kids love to help Daddy with his projects and he loves to teach them!
When you need an extra hand, a car jack is always handy.
The kids all took to it pretty easily.
I was surprised by Sage's courage. Though, I don't know why-she was climbing like a monkey for what seems like forever.
Noah is so tall he can touch the ceiling with his head after just a few steps but we have found ways to challenge him anyway.
Chris is rightfully proud of the climbing wall and is so happy to have got his birthday wish.
The kids and I are so pleased to have Chris be the man in our family and he is more to us than we could have ever wished for!
Friday, November 15, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment