Saturday, October 4, 2014

Star Wars Day at Discovery World aka The Best Day in October (In My Opinion)

 Last Christmas my parents gift to our family was a membership to Discovery World.  If we had gone to nothing but Star Wars Day that membership would have been worth it!
 Not because of I love Star Wars.
 And not because the costumes were AMAZING!

 Not because the kids LOVE Star Wars, though it probable was a contributing factor.

 Not because of the AMAZING Legos.




 Or the wookie (even though he was my favorite thing there!)



 The kids crafts were fun.

 And of course, they picked to make bad guy boxes...
 But it was the best day because it was one of those rare, perfect outings with the whole family when it was all fun and no complaining. Everyone was patient and kind and helpful and enjoyed the sights, activities and each other.

We capped off the morning with a factory tour at Caterpillar.  The last time they did one of these was like 9 years ago, so it only comes around once in a blue moon.  And sadly, they don't allow pictures inside the factory. Some of those machines have to be seen to be believed! 
 But we enjoyed the free food for lunch and got a picture with the big truck that I thought was pretty impressive.  Though if you look close you will see Sage giving it the side-ways thumb indicating it is just ok.
I love my family.  I feel like I go around thinking it and feeling it all the time. I wouldn't trade my life or family for anyone else's but especially not on days like this!

0 comments: