Noah is a tough customer. All his life he has taken his knocks in stride with little fuss or muss. That high sensory threshold, I guess.
Thus, it has been a fairly recent development that I started to offer and/or he asks for kisses when he hurts himself. Usually, this is a finger or an elbow or knee.
But, the other day he fell off the couch and landed on some cars (since of course our home decor is not complete without the whole 50 car collection scattered on the floor). I only saw it happen out of the corner of my eye and absently asked if he needed a kiss. He comes to me, points at his bum and says 'kiss?'
What do you do?
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Kiss?
Posted by Leah at 7:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Send him down to me---I'll take what ever I can get!
I can clearly remember Ava asking me, "Mom, can you kiss my bum?" And I think I had the same reaction as you did. I wasn't sure what to do, but I'm sure I said no. Hopefully our kids won't be too messed up from our neglect.
I think I may have said no but I have also kissed my fingers and with the kissed fingers given a gentle pat to the hurt.Then be it bum, grubby toes, bitten tongue, the hurt is attended and I didn't have to go "there". I love the innocence of children, so funny sometimes.
Before reading "havingcake"'s comment, I would have also said, kiss your hand then give him a swift but playful spank on the bum. Kids can be smart alecs sometimes! :) :)
That's hilarious!
Post a Comment