Friday was date night and Chris and I went blueberry picking again. This time we had plans to make jam with some and can the rest.
So, armed with our cookbook we set to after the kids were down for their nap on Saturday. This was our first attempt at canning anything ever! And we are pleased as punch with the results.
After getting all the jars processed (6 jam and 6 blueberries and syrup) we set them out to cool. Like Nervous Nellies we both kept going back to push on the lids to see if they were sealed. We must have done it right because they all sealed and look pretty darn cute. I just need some gingham cloth and some ribbon. 
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Blueberry Preserves
Posted by Leah at 9:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ooh, that does look cute! I want some jam!
Hoorah for you guys--Canning is one of the coolest activities I know--you get the satisfaction of the pretty jars and then you get to enjoy eating it later---I always felt like the squirel who had stored up nuts for the winter! Happy eating!
Post a Comment