Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Bad Habit

Noah has a bad habit. It can't be considered a vice but does occasionally get him into trouble.

Noah has a bad habit of running around without looking where he is going.

Just the other day, we were at Walmart. Chris had the kids and one basket and I had the groceries in another basket. Noah was running the distance between the two of us, about 30 yards. He looked back to see daddy over his left shoulder, veered left and ran into a woman's cart. Luckily, she had seen him coming and had stopped. Unfortunately, he didn't hear her yelling at him. (No injuries resulted from this accident.)

Sometimes, though, this habit can lead to a good laugh. Last month when we were in KY we went to church with Mimi. We were trying to get ourselves together to leave but were spread throughout the building. I took Noah with me to go look for Daddy and Ian. We crossed through the cultural hall, back to the foyer. Noah was running to catch up to Daddy and Ian. He went through the door and plowed face first into a...um...rather prominent...behind. The owner of said behind was bending over a little so it...protruded...making it even more prominent and it was right at Noah's head level. It was a face plant of embarrassing proportions. Chris and I managed to contain our laughter until we were in the car.

Now, my mama always said "You can't afford to move in a direction you aren't looking." I have found this to be true myself. When walking or driving a car.

I hope Noah figures it out too.

2 comments:

Don and Robin Cooper said...

Oh that is just too funny! The stories you have to tell him as he grows older...as well as his girlfriend/wife one day! Too cute! Next time, CALL US when you are in town!

Stephensen Celebrations said...

Hilarious! Leah, Hi how are you? This is your former roommate, Alisha. It looks like you are doing so well. Two kids I am sure keeps you pretty busy! I have a lot of reading to do to get caught up on what has been happening in your life since 2002.