For Thanksgiving vacation we had a two part journey. Sadly, as I was uploading pictures I realized that I didn't get pictures of several things/people. Like Mimi. We were at her house and I didn't get any pictures of her this trip! The MIA pictures are not a reflection of a lack of love or enjoyment, simply my pregnant, and thus forgetful, mind!!
We stopped in KY to spend a couple of days with my brother Ian and his family and my parents. They were all spending the whole week at Mimi's house and when you live far away you got to take every opportunity! On the way there we stopped at place with a play place. We thought it would be nice if they could have a little fun before going the last hour. Instead we got quite the bump. Notice the nice red bruise spot on his right cheek?
We got in Saturday night. Ian and Cristina actually made an impromptu stop at our house as a break in their trip that night. I think it was a timely break for them and it's hard to pass up free accommodations but I was very embarrassed by the state of my house! Never will I leave my house less than spotless when I go on a trip again! (Famous last words if I ever heard them....)
Sunday was a pleasant day and we played at the playground at Masterston Station in the morning. After Ian and company arrived we went for a walk close to downtown in Lexington.
We saw this building, the library of my mother's youth, and her pretend princess castle. Can you believe that for just $60,000 you could have had a place like this too?
We passed many old, beautiful renovated/restored historical homes. Grand old dames now, I can only imagine how impressive they were back in the day.
You might have to click on it to see, but here you have some unique individuals playing what appears to be some version of quidditch complete with brooms and towels for capes! I think I am getting old.
Ian was a little off his game pretty much the whole trip and took hearty offense if anyone so much as looked at him, let alone talked to him. I felt a little better when I took these. A little cliche, perhaps, but so sweet and meaningful to me that I don't care.

And what stop at Mimi's would not be complete without at ride (or a hundred) up the stairs in the chair? He did learn to do it all by himself this time!
Monday our plans for Red River Gorge/Natural Bridge were rained out. But we finished off the day with a double date (with Ian and Cristina) plus chaperon (Mimi:) at Bajio. Yum!!
We hit the road Tuesday morning and made the rest of the trip on to VA. But that is Part 2.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Thanksgiving Part 1: Kentucky
Posted by Leah at 8:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh, I am so so jealous! I wish we could have been with you all. I liked the pictures though!
I like the pictures too! Sorry we didn't get to see you guys! We ran into Ian and Cristina at Krogers-my how their family is so cute! Glad you had a nice visit!
How fun that you got to visit Lexington again!!! Love that place.
Great pictures :) What beautiful homes! That makes me want to visit Lexington...
Post a Comment