Monday, April 26, 2010

House For Sale

Chris left last Tuesday morning, for what felt like the millionth time. In reality it was only the 4th and I even went with him one time so I will quit whining now. He went to a conference in MN and then flew to UT for some family events including his brother's endowment and his sister's sealing.

I was sad to not be able to go. Consolation came in the form of my mom. I pleaded with her and offered to help with a ticket if she would just come help me for the week that Chris would be gone. Lucky for me she was able to swing it!

She was fun, companionship, kick in the pants, therapist, idea maker, motivator, grandma, energy, sleep, and counselor all rolled into one. I felt like I had a partner and cheerleader for completing my house-to-do-list instead of having to do it all on my own when my growing belly seemed to be draining my energy and desire more each day.

We ran around from store to store and worked hard for days and while the list is not quite complete we made such significant progress that I feel motivated and capable of finishing the last few things-something I was not feeling prior to her visit! It was really tempting to lock her up and keep her till the baby comes. It would save her a trip anyway, right? Sadly, reality and responsibility and bills beckon and off she went this morning.

But lest ye think we didn't do anything enjoyable (although really we do enjoy working together!) we did take some time to enjoy each other and Noah and Ian.

Noah's birthday was Wednesday and while he had already had his 'party' we took cookies to school and they celebrated him there for the day. He wore his crown around all day!
That evening before bed we also got out the scrapbooks so that I could show him pictures of when he was born. They enjoyed it so much we had to do it again!

He was also happy to get a couple of more presents. Grandma Leslie got him a flashlight. He loves to take a flashlight to bed so he was super pleased and has been every night since!Mimi (great-grandmother) got him a popsicle mold that we had to try out right away and he has been enjoying daily ever since-
even if they are really cold.
I think I will enjoy it more after the weather is hot and the kiddie pool is out and full and I am not sitting on the floor beside them wiping up all the drips that might stain my floor:)

We also enjoyed a picnic and playing at the park. Noah really wanted to climb up this hill and Grandma was happy to help.
And, in case your weren't aware, no visit to our house would be complete without some Peter Rabbit.

One of our accomplishments was taking pictures. Others include wall decor, sanding, spackling, sanding, painting, cleaning, sorting, and packing away.

Behold the fruits of our labors:








I picked Chris up from the airport yesterday after driving through the driving rain (and trying not to fall asleep!). It was a special treat to be able to visit and rehash our time apart without the interruptions that come with kids in the back seat.

We enjoyed a pleasant evening trying to find names for babies. The needle-thread-sharpened pencil method of predicting gender and number of kids indicated that this baby is a girl (with two more boys to follow!). I had a dream about a month ago about a baby girl. If it does turn out to be a girl I will have to tell you more and if it is a boy we will chalk it up to crazy pregnant dreams.

My dream baby girl told me her name so we were mostly looking for boy names. But, as boy names seem to be especially hard for us, we had a few detours and found a few more girl names we liked as well.

All good things must come to an end and since I had resolved not to lock Grandma in the closet, morning meant goodbyes.

Consolation this time comes in the form of Chris-home for the next month, hopefully!-and Grandma's promise to return when the baby is born.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mom, for coming and doing and being. It really meant the world to me.

9 comments:

Katerina said...

I'd buy your house in a flesh! It looks spectacular, maybe you can come and clean our house, too, when we need to sell it? :-)

As far as dreams about babies, I heard once that they're 100% right on. It's been true for me so far, with all three of my pregnancies. Sure I had my own "feelings" about one of them that turned out to be the opposite gender, but as I think back, I did have at least one dream about each of my children before they were born.

You're so close, Leah! I'm excited for you to be done so soon. Hopefully, I will follow soon after. :-) Can't wait to hear the news!

Alisa said...

Your house looks fabulous!!

I loved this post.

Greg and Tammy said...

I'd buy the house!! SOLD. Aren't Mom's the best? So glad yours was able to come and help.

Leslie said...

It was my pleasure to be with you and the boys--our projects,our couch sits, our well earned suppers, our crafting, our companionship, our outings---a great week!! Love you all!!

Stephanie said...

Wow- I'm totally impressed!! Your house looks great! I'm glad your mom could come spend time with you while we stole Chris away :) Hopefully we can have all of you next time!
Oh, and I love that brain freeze pic of Ian... hehe

Elise said...

If I was in the Indiana market and didn't already have three kids, I would totally buy your house! It really looks great!

I can't wait for baby to get here! Not too much longer, Sweet Thang!

Elise said...

Oh my gosh! I just looked at your baby counter thing-24 days?!

24 days!!! That's so soon. I know I said it already but I can't wait!!

Mikaela said...

Oh my goodness! Look at your gorgeous house! I remember when you bought it... Where are you moving? Please let it be Georgia, please let it be Georgia. And don't say Minnesota! We just moved from there!

Aria Eden said...

The baby counter says 16 days now. For all I know you already have your new baby! If not, you soon will! Your house looks amazing. I'd buy it! And good luck with the name thing. We're just the opposite: tons of boy names but girls' names stump us.