Not really. In fact, it was the complete opposite.
It was visit from Grandma and Grandpa Abbott. After a harrowing 9 hours they made it here from Minneapolis where they had been visiting my brother and his family.
Pretty much since the day we moved in I kept thinking the same thing over and over.
"I need my mommy." I know, I know. I am such a grown up.
But no matter how much HGTV I watch I still feel the need for a second opinion, help and creative ideas when it comes to finishing off the rooms in my house. I need my mommy.
I would love to tell you all about the awesome fun things we did but mostly we ran around, bought things and then returned them. Come visit me, I can show you a really good time:)
Grandpa was very cooperative and even got Sage up from a nap for us. One afternoon we came home to this:
Almost makes you think you should go out more often, huh?
Here, this picture of our little Godiva truffle is even better:
Ooh, and thanks Elise for the clothes! She has a chance of staying warm this winter!
We did fit in one little trip to the Jelly Belly warehouse. It was very interesting. Did you know it takes 10 to 12 days to make a jelly belly bean? Or that the soft inside and the hard outside both have flavor in them (unlike all other kinds of jelly beans)? Or that Ronald Reagan used jelly belly beans to quit smoking his pipe? And that blueberry jelly belly beans were created for his inauguration to make a red, white and blue set? I could go on. It was quite fascinating!
Mom has always been a rebel. Here she is not wearing her state mandated hat in the warehouse.
Some amazing jelly bean art.
But this was just about the best thing I saw that whole day. Aren't they cute?
We did finish up decorating my bedroom and living room while they were here but we really took it down to the wire. (pictures to come, I hope:) It always amazes me how curtains and rugs and lights can really make it feel like you are someplace.
In this case, home.
Thanks, Mommy. (And Dad!)
Sunday, November 14, 2010
A Belly Flop
Posted by Leah at 6:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks to you and Chris and the boys and Sage---we had a good time---never spent so much money in my life---it's a good thing it all went back except for the items we finally kept---good thing it was your money, too!
I'm glad you recapped the things we learned about Jelly Belly Beans. I had almost lapsed into complacent regard for the non chocolate confection---but 10 to 12 days per bean---that is worth something!
Cute pictures. Always fun to have grandparents visit! Especially when you work them to the bone! :)
I could use your mommy at my house as well! I'm sure your home looks wonderful!
Post a Comment