I volunteered to bring the rolls. I don't really know why (except that manners and etiquette dictate that it is polite to bring something and besides I really did want to contribute) but after committing I really started to rethink things.
I had never made rolls for Thanksgiving and it would be, like, my second attempt to make any kind of dinner roll
in my
whole
life!
And they are pretty darn important when it comes to making breakfast the day after Thanksgiving. Turkey sandwich on a roll is the only way to go!
In desperation I emailed a friend who always gifted us with the most delicious bread AND my mother. (Always good to have a plan B:)
They both came through for me with recipes so I made two kinds.
That's right-two.
It's called hedging your bets.
I have to admit I was a little proud and a lot relieved that they came out. All of them! So we loaded up the van and left on Thanksgiving day for MN. Where I didn't take hardly any pictures:(
The dinner was delicious. Everything it is supposed to be, right down to the great company. My brother's wife is from Ecuador and as just about anyone who knows will tell you, Latin people are the most generous and gracious people in the world when it comes to hospitality. We couldn't have wished for more of anything except more time.
Just to prove it really happened I will post a few of the pictures we did get.
Sofia loved Sage.
Oliver loved Sage.
Sadly, Sage was a bit out of sorts because she wasn't sleeping well so all visiting had to be done from the comfort and security of mom or dad's lap.
On Friday we went to Como Park and Zoo. I thought our kids would love seeing thing animals. Turns out the highlight of the trip for them was the koi fish and the snow. We finally had to promise that they could play in the snow after naps.
No worries about the dark here:
There was some shoveling,
some rolling,
some sledding,
and some pro sledding,
and even a little snow eating (at least I think that is what is going on here-I stayed inside where it was warm and held the baby:)
The drive home was longer than the drive there-seems to a habit for us. We are super excited that Ian, Cristina and kids are moving MUCH closer and hope that we get to return the hospitality favor soon!
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Thanksgiving in Minnesota
Posted by Leah at 8:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Where's a picture of your rolls???? :)
Post a Comment