Some of our favorite people clued us in and invited us along to Wednesday night water skiing.
It's free, every Wednesday night. We went with our friends, had a picnic dinner and watched a pretty amazing ski show put on by a ski school. They had the kids do a little pre-show and then the older ones (youth to adult) showed us some amazing moves.
There were jumps and pyramids and this 'water ballet' group. I learned how to water ski and know just enough to appreciate how hard a lot of the things they made look easy really are.
My pictures don't really give them justice and my batteries died so I didn't get a video of the 4 skiers that went in a full circle around the moving boat and then when one skier went around the boat and ducked under the other 3 ropes-seriously cool-and even as I write it I know the words don't do justice to the trick. You gotta see it in person!
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Wednesday Night Water Skiing
Posted by Leah at 4:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Looks like a fun time----this must be where the skiers who perform at the Wisconsin Dells learn their trade.
Wow, I had no idea water skiing can be such an art!
How cool is that?! Can't wait for my visit!
I have seen this in Florida before but didn't know they did it other places. Very cool!!
Post a Comment