I always know when fall is on it's way because our backyard tree always
has a few leaves start to turn yellow towards the end of August. I know
then that it is time to savor the last of summer and get ready for my
favorite season, fall.
This year fall brought beautiful leaf changes,
fun in the fallen leaves,
cozy blankets, and candy corn.
The boys needed new "winter" blankets. We keep our house pretty chilly and they needed something warm and cozy to keep toasty through the night. A little hunt brought us to these Sherpa/faux mink washable down alternative blankets. The kids drag them out everyday to cuddle in them during TV time.For a week or so we had candy corn in the house. One of my favorite fall treats-with milk, of course! The boys really enjoyed having it for dessert as well. Ian got creative and started making faces and having battles with his.
Fall also was the season I planned to get new family pictures. But fall came around and Chris told me we had no money. I was lamenting to a friend about my ruined plans. She commiserated and then we came up with a new plan. We would find a cheap plane ticket to split for my sister. She would take our photos for free and we would have a digital copy free and clear.
We roped in another family, found a ticket and flew her up. The only concern was the weather. A major concern when you are flying your photographer in for a few short days!
But I am here to say that miracles still happen and Heavenly Father answers prayers.
I had a wonderful time playing assistant/funny person (seriously challenging!) so I was there for all three photo sessions. The other two families were scheduled for Friday. Elise and I arrived first and sat in the van with the windshield wipers going. We prayed and prayed that it would stop raining. The family arrived and it sprinkled briefly before stopping completely. For the whole time! We finished (2 hours later), got in the van and started the wipers up before we were back on the road.
Late that afternoon, it was exactly the same. The next morning, for our family, it happened again. By the time we were done the weather was clearing up completely.
But how wonderful to know that even our little, relatively unimportant concerns are of importance to Him.
So, here follows some of my favorites. OK, a lot of them. Sue me. (It was cold and windy and that was tough but the kids and Chris were real troopers!)
It was a ridiculously lovely way to spend a weekend in the fall!






































7 comments:
turned out great! what a beautiful family you have. :)
I LOVE your family pictures!!!!!!! Your sister did such a good job. :)
Love the pictures! They are all so good! And your kids are getting so big! When do they find the time to grow so fast? We sure miss you!
Great pictures aren't they. I could comment on so many of them---can't choose a favorite.
Great pictures aren't they. I could comment on so many of them---can't choose a favorite.
Love Love LOVE these pictures!! Elise did a fantastic job capturing the best of everyone! What a great idea to fly her in. And hooray for tender mercies :)
We did have a pretty lovely time didn't we?!
Post a Comment