For Thanksgiving we were super excited to go to my brother Ian's house. You wouldn't know it from my pictures since I neglected to take it out even once! I just had my phone and that is not all that! I didn't even get a picture of our feast. What was a I thinking!?!
Oh, yeah, it was something like "feed me!"
It was delicious food and the best company. We cooked together and visited about our lives that don't intersect nearly as often as we think we should, especially given we only live a couple of hours away from each other.
To put the icing on the cake, Mimi was able to come up for the weekend. We were only their over night but it is always sweet to spend some time with my Mimi. A kinder, more generous person would be difficult to find.
We made a thankful tree.
Enjoyed a cozy fire on a freezing day (what a wind chill!)
We played Uno (finally!)
And Sage spent the entire two days we were there in this Spiderman costume! Thanks Santi, for sharing so well! (Cause no one else was getting a turn!)
The only picture I got of a group and it is missing a few people...
But, before we even got on the road to fair state to the south, we took lunch with Daddy.
After playing in the sand we headed to the beach..mostly rocks which has it's negatives but for this day, was perfect. Virtually, no clean up at all!
Lake Michigan is huge and you could really almost pretend it was the ocean.
The rocks provided great entertainment for throwing and skipping and hunting.
I would really like to know what made these huge prints...anyone?
It was one of those rare, and thus priceless, family outings where everyone was happy and had a wonderful time. We definitely want to visit there again!







0 comments:
Post a Comment