Ian was excited for his birthday and decided that he wanted an Angry Bird Star Wars theme. Well, Rovio hasn't quite gotten it out in the party stores yet.
He settled for an straight up Angry Bird theme. We hunted images on Google and he kept picking these cakes that I didn't think I could do and the one I thought I could do he refused. I decided to see what I could figure out. I read a few blogs and some how-to sites (I love that I can Google just about anything and find out the answers to my questions!) and set out on this grand cake making adventure.
I started about a week early so if it failed I might have time to figure out a Plan B.
Luckily, it really started coming together. I made my first forays into modeling chocolate and marshmallow fondant.
I was really pleased and the boys started plotting about which birds and pigs they were going to get.
It got the Birthday Boy seal of approval
Another requirement in our family for a birthday party is the pinata. Chris makes them and over the years has learned a few lessons about how to make them breakable but not too breakable and how to get the wire to stay in the top and how to make the tissue fringe so perfect.
We played games.
Sang Happy Birthday.
He blew out all his candles.
And had a great time with friends.
(Eating the King Pig was pretty exciting too, apparently!)
We always do the pinata last.
And then gifts.
Ian is super happy with everything he gets and they all just jumped in to help him open and play with all his new toys.
And when it was all over and the cake and guests were gone, there was still some rice krispy treats to unwrap!
Happy Birthday to our most magnificent middle child who has grown and developed so much this year, emotionally, academically, and socially. It has been a great year and we are looking forward to many more and adventures that Ian will bring us!
Saturday, February 2, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That cake and modeling chocolate characters look AMAZING! That's the kind of thing I expect to see on some faacy schmancy professional blog. Way to go!
Post a Comment