For the first time EVER I went shopping on Black Friday. And not only did I go out on that dreaded day, I went at the crack of dawn!
I thought it would be incredibly hard to get up and that I might actually change my mind about going when the alarm went off...but the alarm turned out to be a baby's cry so I didn't have much choice about getting up.
By the time I finished feeding Thea it was about 4 am-the time I had planned to leave anyway.
I just had one stop planned and one item on my list.
What could it be that would really motivate me to shop on a day I swore I never would? What could possibly get me out of the house so early in cold, frosty November? (Because you know it didn't occur to me to be warming up the van while I was feeding Thea! My brain doesn't work that well that early!) What could really entice me to try and navigate a totally unfamiliar area in the dark pre-dawn hours?
Here is a little Christmas preview (one of the advantages of updating the blog after the fact:):
The whole experience was surprisingly peaceful.And totally worth it!
0 comments:
Post a Comment