Monday, June 22, 2009

Cabbage Patch Kid


When I was little the Cabbage Patch Kids were all the rage. My older sister had several and I remember being pea green with envy. I did get one. Her name was Pheobe and she had brown hair like mine. And her bum had been signed. I did a double take when I saw this, but nope, no signature. I guess he didn't come out of our cabbage patch.

Actually, we don't have a cabbage patch. But we do have a big pumpkin/gourd corner that turned up from our compost. We are still waiting to see what we get.
On the fence we successfully got some yummy sweet peas and our pepper plants are doing much better this year. Maybe we will finally get some peppers!
The carrots are growing well and after marathon weeks of eating a salad a meal Chris finally hoes down the lettuce after it turned bitter.
And our tomato plants, while not growing with the fervor of last year seem to have survived multiple floodings and we hope to have tomatoes in the not to distant future.
I know that was exciting but I have to return to my cabbage patch kid. Lately, he has taken up the habit of hooking his thumbs into the back of his diaper whenever he is standing around.
I am sure you can imagine the results but just in case a visual is needed, here it is: Ian's plumber's butt.
What does Ian's bum and jello jigglers have in common? Everything except the labor required to produce them!

6 comments:

Elise said...

I am so jealous of your garden and of Ian, because I want some fresh veggies and plumber butt never looks that cute on me!

And as a side note my word verification is "berphy", and I don't know about Noah, but that is what Ava calls Murphy. Coincidence? I think not!

Don and Robin Cooper said...

Too cute! Love the bum pics and the wonderful garden!

Leslie said...

Lookin good---all of ti!

BigSista said...

mmm....mmmm....mmmm something is always poppin out in the spring.

Mama Becky Blick said...

ROFLOL!

Aria Eden said...

Yay for baby plumber bums! The only place a plumber crack is appropriate. I too am jealous of your garden. I can only do potted plants for now. C'mon tomtatoes and strawberries, make me proud!