This was the cause of our rainy day adventure. My tire picked it up about a block from the pediatrician's office.
The good news: Ian's ears are all better.
The bad news: this, this, this thing, punctured my tire! I felt it immediately and almost thought that I had a flat because of the way it went bump, bump, bump every time the tire rotated. I thought maybe I was driving on my rim.
But it was raining and we were close so I drove slowly (as if that would make it better if I was on the rim!) to the pediatrician's office. As soon as I turned off the car I could hear the air whistling out of the tire. I felt around a little and touched on that thing.
For a moment or two I contemplated what all my amazing female peers might do, and it didn't include calling their spouse.
But only for a moment. My name is Leah and I am a wuss.
I tried calling Chris to come and change the tire. I tried all methods of contact via my cell phone and all went unanswered. Many times. Finally, I called Elise and asked her to send him an email. Guess what? Within a minute of her sending that email, Chris called me.
"So, I just got an email from Elise..." he said, sounding a little incredulous.
By this time we were waiting in the exam room for the doctor and I was staring at the "No Cell Phone" sign as I talked to Chris. He was very understanding and didn't even tease me about not wanting to try and keep an eye on two little kids in a parking lot, in the rain, while I changed a tire for the first time completely unsupervised (I have done it and seen it done in all the Relief Society enrichments when they get a guy to come show us how to not be so helpless and car clueless.)
We ended the week on a fun note, though. Chris asked and asked what I wanted to do for my birthday. I finally told him I wanted a birthday party without the birthday part. So, we hosted in our neighbor's backyard (cause it is the hottest kids spot in the area-thanks again Hale Family!) a BBQ Potluck. We enjoyed beautiful weather, good food and great friends.



Sunday, June 7, 2009
A Rainy Day Adventure and a Backyard Potluck
Posted by Leah at 9:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The Thing is---when it rains it pours---thank heavens for a gracious husband!
Happy BBQ potluck to you---looks like a fun time---I'm glad you thought of doing that! I'm just sad I couldn't come.
Wish I could have been there too. I would even have changed your tire. The kids always had to stay in the car when I changed the tire . no multi tasking in the parking lot. love Ya girlfriend.
I wish I was at your party! It looks so fun!
And I'm glad I could be of some service to you. Thank heavens for technology, right?
You are one smart cookie to even think of calling Elise to email! Hope you enjoyed your day and I also hope you have a wonderful summer!
Post a Comment