Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wheel Loader What?

The other day I popped into the library to pick up some books that I had on hold. That is the only reason that I let Noah take the toy into the library in the first place. I was just popping in.

In those few minutes he managed to set down and forget his toy wheel loader.

I didn't notice until we were home. I called the library to check the Lost and Found, hoping against hope that someone returned it rather than snagging it. The Library Lady I spoke with was very helpful. Just a little confused.

LL: "What are you looking for?"

Me: "My son's toy wheel loader."

LL: "A what?"

Me: "Um, a toy wheel loader...a construction a machine...it's bright orange..."

LL: "Oh, um, ok. Just a moment, let me look."

You know you are mother of sons when you know the difference between an excavator, skid steer loader and a wheel loader. Oh, and your 3 old can speak knowledgeably (if not completely clearly) about a "cwamshell bucket" and his favorite 'books' are really Leibherr brochures.

PS. While the wheel loader was not there the first time I called, it was the second time (and I had a similar conversation as the first time) and later successfully retrieved.

4 comments:

chrisw said...

FYI to everyone, Liebherr is a European construction equipment manufacturer similar to Caterpillar. The brochures came from a trade show in Germany. I'm sure that none of the thousands of visitors have studied them as long or loved them as much as Noah!

Don and Robin Cooper said...

You are a good mother! Not sure I know the difference! :)

Elise said...

You crack me up, Leah! And so does Noah!

Mari said...

Oh, he is his father's son!