Saturday, December 5, 2009

Honestly...

Here are the rules... we'll see how well I follow them:
1) Must thank the person who gave the award and list their blog and link it.
2) Share "10 Honest Things" about yourself.
3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
4) Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.

I was nominated twice, by Robin Cooper and Tara Black (links on the sidebar). Both times I had the urge to look over my shoulder to see if they were mentioning some other Leah. I can't be sure but to cover my bases I figured I would give it a go.

1. I eat all the crust on my sandwiches first. I suppose it is a result of my preference to 'save the best for last'.

2. I prefer to do chores that provide instant gratification. (How's that for a grown up way to think?) Like loading the dishwasher, as opposed to unloading it. You unload it and close it and nothing appears to have changed. Where as if I load it my kitchen is usually cleaner and I feel as if I have accomplished something.

3. I was "Dear Janed" by a missionary when I was a sophomore in college. I actually consider this a blessing despite the upset at the moment.

4. I was my husband's first kiss-and I waited a long time for it!!

5. I have lived in 9 states in my life and in the next year will add another. Not the equal of any well traveled military brat but enough that I didn't have anyone to write a recommendation when I applied to BYU who had known me for 10 years or more.

6. I think often of friends, acquaintances and people who have made an impression in my life but am awful about keeping up with them in general and expressing serious sentiment to them in particular.

7. I am happy to be a mother. It is the most challenging thing I have or will ever undertake. I find it intimidating and I worry about doing it well. The irony is that I tend to avoid like the plague things that make me feel that way. But I have embraced motherhood and frequently think that there is not another job that I would rather be doing.

8. I get very carsick very easily and consequently drive everywhere, all the time. Luckily for me, Chris doesn't mind being a passenger.

9. I have never been my own biggest fan but have had enough experiences in life to know and understand that however unfathomable I find it, I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and guides my life. Amazing!

10. I once had a friend nickname me 'Penelope'. I don't the the hows or whys but it is still the most unusual nickname I have ever had.

Pictures might have made this post more interesting but it might have made the post nonexistent as well. I tag the 7 people who read my blog. Can't wait to learn more about you!

3 comments:

Alisa said...

I was Greg's first kiss!!!

Leslie said...

I loved this entry--it says a lot about you in a very pleasing way! I love you!!

Stephanie said...

This is great :) Just a few more reasons why we all love you!