Happy Birthday Ian!
At about 8:30 pm, just two short years ago, my water broke and we headed to the hospital. A few hours later, at about 12:45 am Ian made his entrance into the world! His arrival was much anticipated and worried over but he came right on time. He has been a handful ever since, as well as source of joy and fun.
(I just had to include this picture because, in it, Noah is not quite as old as Ian is now and he is wearing the clothes that Ian is just about to grow out of. My how time flies!)
Although his birthday was on Thursday the 28th for convenience we decided to celebrate it today. It has been a bit of day with both boys seeming to have short, short fuses. One might even be safe in saying there have been more tears than smiles today.
Oh, well. The show must go on!
I decided to try my hand at making a Lightening McQueen cake since "mean cars" have been the toys of choice of late. And well, I ain't no Ace of Cakes, but I consider it a complete success.
I brought the cake out to show Chris and get any last advice on making it convincing and Ian saw it. His immediate "mean car, car, car, want it" and out stretched hands were all that I needed to know that I had hit the mark. At least for a 2 year old!
After cake and ice cream the boys got to take a swing at a pinata. (Noah is quite certain that this is essential to any birthday celebration. It quite reminded me of another young man I know!) Ian went first.
Then Noah took a wack at it. Finally, with a little help, the candy was rescued from the pinata!
We segued pretty quickly into the opening of the first present. Of course, Ian had a little help with the unwrapping!
How do you know that you got a good present? All the boys want to play!

The little boys were stuck on it for quite a while. Noah's continued prodding eventually led to the opening of the other gifts.
Thanks Grandma Mar and Grandpa Jim!
We finished the day with off and on tears and upsets but lots of playing. We love you, Ian, tears and all!
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Ain't No Ace of Cakes
Posted by Leah at 5:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
They have "The Cake Boss" You must be the "Cake Queen" ! Time does fly--the growth for Noah has been ust about as dramatic as for Ian! Happy Birthday Ian xxxoooxxx
Holy cow--that cake is AWESOME!! YOU are AWESOME! And so are your boys.
Happy birthday to Ian!
Your pregnant and you STILL created a "car cake"? Impressive Leah. It was very impressive!
I think you meant 'Ace of Cakes you ARE!' That cake looks awesome! Way to go!
Okay so it's time to clean the computer screen. When I first pulled up your blog and there was a picture of a newborn I panicked. Then I read that two days ago he was born I about lost it. Then Kieran scrolled the screen and I read that it actually said two years I was much relieved. Glad to be mistaken.
All I can say is-yes you are the Ace of Cakes!
Post a Comment