So after Christmas we returned to our main vacation occupation of keeping the kids occupied and Chris working in the laundry room.
We had some fun with play dates, a trip to the mall play place and some shoveling and playing in the snow with dad.
Namely, some snowball making education.
Some throwing practice.
"Hit!" Ian would exclaim as he set it on Chris' back or push it against his middle. I think he was a little worried about the fate of his snowball if he were to actually throw it or hit Chris hard with it.
And apparently they learned something right because there were a couple of really good shots that even had Chris trying to protect himself.
While Ian protected his snowball.

For New Year's Eve we had a great time at the Tate's house (of course, I forgot the camera!) with the kids playing and watching a movie and the adults playing a game and eating yummy munchies. The kids were up till 10:00 pm for the first time in their lives and they did surprisingly well. When the ball dropped and the clock said 12:01 and the start of a new decade ensued I was technically awake but in bed fighting the not uncommon pregnancy related insomnia.
And now, well, the lights are still on the house and the Christmas tree is still up (ironically, it came down before I published this post but not before it was written!), though unadorned. It is too cold to take the lights off and too cold to go to the shed and get the tree box. The cold-that-would-never-end seems to finally be waning and the kids seem to feeling better too. The laundry room is done and a door frame is primed but the counters need to be measured and ordered and the center island scrubbed, primed and painted too. Not to mention two rooms painted, carpets cleaned and some replaced.
Chris has updated his resume and it will be sent off soon to lots of companies and hopefully we will get lots of job offers for lots of money. I always thought one should dream big:)
We have one more week before preschool starts and the deep freeze is scheduled to continue so good indoor entertainment will continue to be a daily goal.
My little bear cub is growing and moving quite frequently. Oh, and I was mistaken. It will be a grapefruit next, not a mango.
We need to get a Christmas/New Year/...Valentine's Day letter written and distributed as well as a couple of blog posts that I have been procrastinating about the boys.
So. That is how our new year is shaping up at the moment. I admit that I haven't really thought about traditional resolutions for the new year. I think I have been assuming that it will all come at me whether I write it down or not. That is not always the case but seems inevitable this year.
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Post Christmas Post
Posted by Leah at 5:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You guys are a cute little family. I wish you would come down here and give me a hug!
okay...I don't know what that MEANS! Girl or boy? Just tell us, pleeeeease! We are having another get together this week with the Utah Herms...so I was thinking about you!
Sorry Chels, we won't get to find out this time so it is a great big surprise for EVERYONE!!
Every child should get to play in the snow---lucky to have a Dad to do it with!
Post a Comment