Sunday, March 13, 2011

9 Months

Sage turned 9 months on the 27th of February and we celebrated by going to the doctor the next day. Finally. I think she had her 5 months check up when she was 7 months or some such age.

Here she is looking fun and flirty in a pretty polka dot shirt. You can see the two teeth she has. The top two have been trying to make it down for several weeks now. So far, no joy.
I was looking forward to this doctor's visit, as it would be the first time I was meeting our doctor. I had to dump the first guy I went to-I wasn't impressed at all. Dr. Paul was just about all I had hoped for, which was really just a replica of the doctor we had left in IN.

We discussed Sage, touching on all the usual areas, and then we got to the one point I was mildly dreading. I had to say the scary words (scary to the average pediatrician, anyway!), "alternate immunization schedule." His reaction could make it or break it for me and I really didn't want to go through the hassle of moving their records again.

But he was perfect. "I don't care how you do it as long as she gets them." Definitely, a keeper!

She weighed in at 16 lbs 3 oz putting her in the 25% for weight. (This makes her very petite for our family!) She is 28.5 in long and sitting pretty in the 50% for length.

Since her appointment just a couple of weeks ago, she has learned to go from her belly to sitting. That development thrilled her and really extends her play time and ability.

I really didn't think that she would crawl. The boys didn't, after all. And while she still hasn't gotten more than one "step" while on all fours, she assumes the position frequently so maybe it will happen yet. In the meantime she still gets around in her stretching inchworm manner.

Her hair is growing in and seems to be in the dishwater-blond-to-light-brown range for color. Her eyes are mostly gray, which is interesting to us because no on in either side of the family has gray eyes.

She just learned to clap (but of course does not do it on command!) and loves to be sung to. Her consonant "words" are just starting to come out. She will laugh and giggle if you kiss on her neck. She lights up and flaps her arms like she is trying to fly if her daddy comes into the room.

Pretty much, it just don't get any better than this!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

I'd love to get my hands on her! She looks like you put Ian and Noah in a bag, shook it up and out came Sage.

Elise said...

What a sweetie! I miss having a little girl...

Andrea said...

She is a cutie! Wow...it's always amazing how fast babies and kids grow when you don't see them for awhile. Hope all is well there and I'm glad you found a good ped. I'm not looking forward to finding a new dr. for my girls when we move!

The Tate Fam said...

So cute! I can't believe that she is already 9 months old! Time sure does fly by!

Stephanie said...

Aw thanks for the updates!! I love hearing about all the new excitements in her life :) Crazy that she's already 9 months though!

Michelle said...

Aww, what a cutie! I miss seeing our girls together! The weird thing is, Alice was 16 lbs at her 9 month checkup, and they told me that was 7th percentile. And she was 27 3/4 inches, which they said was 55th percentile for height. Apparently our peds are using different growth charts or something! :) Guess I should look it up. Either way, it's fun that they are so close to the same size!