Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was pretty low key around here. We are still in recovery mode from Daddy being out of town from Sunday to Thursday and then at a scout camp-out Friday night to mid afternoon on Saturday.

But, my favorite parts of the day were my boys giving me hugs and kisses and telling me "I love you and Happy Mother's Day!"

And bless those primary leaders who helped them prepare a small gift of photo and fun!

(Elise, my sister, has gotten these at least two years running and I have to admit to some jealousy when this year, I still didn't get one from Noah's preschool. All good things come to those who wait, I guess, cause I finally got two!)

Ian supplied in all the answers himself:

My mom's name is Leah. All that repetition paid off!
My mom is young years old.
My mom likes to play games.
My mom has hazel eyes.
My mom weighs 130 lbs. Can I live in his world?
My mom's birthday is on January.
My mom was born in ______.
My mom's favorite food is pizza.
My mom likes to help me with my shoes.
My mom is the best at singing. What!?!

Noah's answers:
My mom's name is Mama.
My mom is 20 years old. I knew I loved this kid!
My mom likes to roll out the clean dishes. Roll out...hmmm.
My mom has hazel eyes.
My mom weighs 29 or 28 pounds.
My mom's birthday is on May 21st. Almost!
My mom was born in Minneapolis. Can't believe he knew this!
My mom's favorite food is good food and cinnamon rolls. We made cinnamon rolls today...guess they were on the brain!
My mom likes to help me be good and not be bad.
My mom is the best at driving my van, Percy.

Being a mommy is pretty much the greatest thing in the world. Amazing after this last week, I can say that but really, that's how you know it's true! Even when it is tough it is still pretty great!

2 comments:

Alisa said...

Oh, this made me laugh!!

Also, I love the picture of Sage you put on your sidebar.

Elise said...

Happy Mother's Day! I'm glad you finally got your questionare's! I know a mom who personally asks her kids the same questions every year and writes down their answers. I was thinking if doing the same since Ava didn't make one this time. Still haven't done it though. I love that picture of Sage on your side bar too. I didn't see it when I left you that last comment. Got anymore?!