Sunday, May 8, 2011

Spring Day

So despite the fog or tunnel vision or whatever it was that impaired my mental workings, Spring Day (as we call it) was a really fun day. Spring Day is the day before Easter when we do all the secular holiday activities, saving the activities centered around the spiritual (and true!) meaning of Easter for Sunday.

I had planned (truly amazing for me, I mean really, trying to plan ahead for holidays is one of my New Year's Resolutions this year. Just don't ask my mom or MIL what they got for Mother's Day!) and purchased some items for the baskets and thought to have them set out for the boys to find when they woke up. Then there would be an egg hunt, either just ourselves or perhaps with the community of Greendale. Maybe some bunny buns, as suggested by The Friend.

Well, after celebrating Noah's birthday, Friday afternoon slid into evening and it was date night. By the time we got back from date night and put the kids to bed I sat to consider all my grand plans and realized that the baskets were in the crawl space, accessible only through the boys room!

So, we gathered with friends for an egg hunt. After dragging ourselves out of bed. And rummaging the baskets out of storage.

It was a total hit, of course. This is the whole gang:




Afterwards, the kids gathered and ate (at least as much as each set of parents would allow. Strangely, (or not?) Chris and I were the only ones who placed no restrictions. Life is so much more pleasant that way:)

The adults played a game, chatted and then decided to order pizza for lunch. Anything to prolong the enjoyment of time spent with friends!

We were introduced to Kid History. I think they are pretty funny and really would love to see my family's stories done this way.

We finally broke up to take the little ones home for naps. Anyway, like I said, a good day.

1 comments:

Elise said...

That does look fun and I love your idea for Spring Day. I am anxious for some Sage pictures, so hurry it up!