At 11 mo and change, Sage is fun and easy going.
She loves her brothers and it entertained simply by being in the same room with them. They love to make her laugh and giggle.
She loves baths.She has spent weeks practicing and perfecting her ability to make popping and snapping sounds with her lips and tongue.
She LOVES her daddy still. This is not unexpected, of course, he's pretty darn awesome.She will lean in for a cuddle when she is feeling especially affectionate.
She found out that she can scream her displeasure to the world and with just some grunts and squeals make her will known.Sage is petite and lean. If clothes fit in the length they often are too big in the waist-there isn't much chub to this cherub.
She has loved finger foods but sadly she has started to reject the veggies-especially if she sees that there might be fruit available. Strawberries are her favorite.
Her hair is still ash blonde (and growing longer) and her eyes are still mostly gray with hints of dark blue.She has mastered the sippy cup and is working on standing. I found her standing in her crib after a nap for the first time just last week. Since then she has been seen pulling to a standing position much more often. The boys love to report on her progress.
She currently has 6 teeth and is working on a couple more. Growing teeth is much slower and more troubling for her than it was for the boys. Nature has a way of keeping things symmetrical-you might notice she has three on top and three on bottom with the odd one appearing on opposite sides. (Also pictured in this photo: her first visible owie-the scrape/bruise down the side of her cheek and onto her chin.)Sage has had two ear infections and one of those was a double. She does not deal well with pain.
She is such a girl. Once she was playing with a baggie filled with puzzle pieces. She poked herself in the lip with the zipper on the top of the baggie. She pulled it down and looked at with total disgust and affront (how dare that bag hit her in the face!) then tossed it away from herself. The first toss didn't make it past her lap. There was a grunt of outrage and another toss. Finally, it was away. Then she turns to me and bursts out crying. It's all about the emotion.
Sage will turn a year old tomorrow. There will be another post with stats and pictures from the celebration...some time next week, hopefully.
This weekend we are off to Nauvoo for the first time and camping for the first time as a family!
(Please also note: While Sage appears to only have one outfit these pictures were all actually taken on different days with washing in between.)
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Missy May May
Posted by Leah at 9:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh, Man! Now you are in trouble! How can you wag these adorable pictures in my face, talk about her cutieness and quirks, tempt me with her milestone masteries, and then let me be reminded that our family reunion is cancelled?! I did not agree to this!! I don't like it! Not one bit! I need to see this little lady! You better work out how that is going to happen before I get really mad! And that is an order! Hmmph!
Has it really been a year already? I hate how fast babies grow! Sage is quite adorable, though, and I love how the pictures really capture her personality. My favorite are the bath pictures, by the way.
In your comment on my blog you asked who we think Thomas looks like more. We do agree he's got more of my features, but at times we notice resemblance to John (or, rather, to John's baby pictures). On the same note, I can't really tell who Sage looks like more. What is your take on that?
Happy (early) birthday to Sage!
She is so cute! I can't believe it's been a year since you had her! I hope I have your good luck in having two boys and then one girl!
Happy Birthday Baby!
Post a Comment