So, last Tuesday Chris took Noah over to our neighbors to play in their backyard. They have a way better set up than ours. And it got even better when they got a trampoline with their economic stimulus check. Noah was a little nervous at first but warmed up quickly and now thinks it is great fun to run on it and get bounced around by the other kids. He has not really caught on to the whole 'jump' thing.
Anyway, back to the story. I was home cooking dinner, grateful to be unmolested in the kitchen. They come home and Chris says that he thinks Noah's new sandals are hurting his feet. This seemed a little fishy to me but Noah was not willing to walk at all. Had his soles been abraded by the trampoline? Had he stepped on something? 'Oh, no, I think he tripped as he was walking away from the trampoline ladder.' A little swelling around the left ankle but no discoloration. But he would not walk on it at all. I was having a vision. Me, diaper bag slung over one shoulder, my weighty two year old on my left hip and my hefty bruiser in his car seat in my right hand. My diaper bag starts to slip as I try to get through the door. As I step down it slides down my arm coming rest on top of Ian who commences to scream his outrage. Noah refuses to stand on his feet and starts to wail his distress. Can you just picture it? I could. Luckily, it was just a vision.
Chris tried to get a video of Noah gimping around. But this was a few days later and he was getting around pretty well. If you can't see the limp, you can just enjoy his cuteness!
Thursday the 24th of April was Chris and I's anniversary. A whopping four years. It seems like we have always been married but then four years doesn't seem all that long. I was thinking about how we have celebrated in the past and could only remember one occasion. Why was that? A little thought was required-that whole married forever thing. But the first year Chris graduated and we moved. The second year we had Noah a few days before. The third year (three times the charm, right?) we finally got to do something fun. Mom and Mimi had come up to visit and babysat for us while we took off in the afternoon and stayed at a local bed and breakfast.
This year we are planning a simple dinner out. Actually, when you have a baby the hospital gives you a gift certificate to a local restaurant that includes a dinner for two, a glass of wine or champagne (to toast our happiness and yes, we get something else:), and all the taxes and gratuities. Pretty cool, huh? Hopefully, it will happen sometime near the date of our anniversary....but in the meantime Chris cut me some beautiful flowers from the yard and wrote me a love note. No, you can't read it. Suffice it to say, he is sweet and romantic. And has good taste in flowers!

Any guesses what we will be doing this time next year?


3 comments:
Happy Anniversary! You guys have accomplished a lot in four years. Noah is a cutie, limping or not. We love you all.
Happy Anniversary! We just had one too! I love the tulips. They are beautiful. I have experienced your vision it really is no fun so I'm glad you got to skip it this time. Love Ya.
Happy Anniversary! Four years has flown by, huh?
I could totally picture your vision, too! So glad it was not a reality!
And that last line about what you'll be doing next year coupled with the mention of the hospital's gift made me think for a moment that you were giving a pregnancy announcement. But then I quickly realized that a baby would come before next year's anniversary...so just to make things perfectly clear, you're not pregnant right?
Post a Comment