Sunday, April 27, 2008

Big Bundle of Baby

Ian started out as a fairly average sized bundle of love. 8 lbs 9 oz, 21 3/4 inches long. He arrived in a bit of a hurry after about four hours of labor at 12:48 AM on Monday 28 January. Since Noah coming early increased my odds of having a second premature labor I had been anxious over his arrival for a long time. I waited and waited. And waited. Finally, he came on time.

Do you remember what you were doing when you learned that President Gordon B. Hinckley had died?
This is what I was watching.




Four days old and his clothes are a little big.
But that wouldn't last long!



11 days old, more alert and a little jaundiced.



One day shy of two weeks and he was blessed at church.
And, like Noah, I got no really satisfactory pictures of that day.


Almost 4 weeks old and already demonstrating a long torso.
If tradition holds, this will always keep him clothes a size larger than his age.



5 weeks old and looking more filled out.



Ian's first trip was to VA, to visit family.
He arrived 7 weeks old, well-rounded and showing off his chin dimple.


He also let Uncle Clark, a soon-to-be daddy, get in a little practice.
It was also at Uncle Clark's, where we were staying, that Ian slept from 10:00 PM to 5:00 AM for the first time.


Here follows some faces of Ian at 9 weeks when we had a little photo shoot.







And finally, at 3 months today, our BIG Bundle of Love, sorry it's a little dark.


I don't have current stats on this bundle but as soon as I do I will pass them along. We do know that he is bigger than most of the babies born in our ward from October on (this may not seem like much to some but our ward averages two babies a month). Ian can be a little...touchy. If he gets mad, just watch out. Ian enjoys watching Noah play. He loves to be tickled and wiggled. He will grace you with his happy smile that lights up his whole countenance if you give him a little love. Luckily, that is one of our favorite things to do!

4 comments:

Elise said...

Wow! 3 months huh? He looks so cute. And pretty big, too. I'll be interested to hear his stats. I love all those pictures!

havingcakeandeatingit2 said...

I love that baby and I haven't even seen him in person. The pictures are really nice for the mean time. I love seeing how he has grown over his three short months and can't wait to see him grow if Noah is any indication you couldn't be luckier. Love you guys.

Leslie said...

I'm sure the three months haven't gone as fast for you as the rest of us---we were sleeping, but he sure has done himself proud in a short time! I'd love to get a hold of him! Love you all!

Aria Eden said...

You've got some cute kiddos! I always figured all babies had long torsos and short limbs (and compared to adults, they do). That said though, your little guy has a looong torso... which is great for a boy. I have the long torso/short leg proportions too, which is not so flattering on a girl. I've always hated buying jeans for that reason. Sariah's lucky she apparently got her dad's ridiculously long thin legs.