Wednesday, April 16, 2008

First Annual Girl's Weekend Getaway

In reality, not much of interest happens to us on a daily basis. But it did this past weekend! We had a weekend getaway for the girls on my side of the family. We got to leave behind our daily grind and spend a few days with some of our favorite peoples.


(Note: this was actually planned way before Elder Ballard gave such great advice about giving "your wife a 'day away' now and then." We have the most amazing men in our family who made this possible!)
We convened at my mom's house to find an itinerary and a mint on our pillows. A most enjoyable weekend ensued with a few activities and lots of talking. We went to the Dallas Arboretum for a picnic, pictures, and poppies.


Elise, the mastermind, asked us to bring one of our favorite things to share. This turned out to be great food, goodies, nail polish, 'treasures', and 'hugs'.
Other fun things included starting this blog, a cooking 'demonstration' and a watercolor class. Check these out! Pretty amazing, huh? I had no idea we had it in us...well, me, anyway!
How wonderful my girls are! I had the best time, ladies! Thank you so much!! And again, much thanks to the men and children who lent us your wives and mothers. Especially to my man and boys. I returned home, refreshed and more able, as Elder Ballard tells us, to "recognize that the joy of motherhood comes in moments. There will be hard times and frustrating times. But amid the challenges, there are shining moments of joy and satisfaction."

5 comments:

Elise said...

I love you, Leah! I am so happy to read your blog. You better keep it updated caused I already want more!

And that quote at the end is great. Thank you and love you!

Angela, Grady and Boys said...

Yeah! Way to go!!! I was really hesitant at first too about the whole blogging thing...but it turns out I love it! And it's such a fun way to keep in touch with people, so I'm glad you've joined the club! :) Sounds like you had a really fun weekend! Good for you! So where are you living now? Your boys sure are cute! Aren't boys the best? I sure think so!

Aria Eden said...

Yay! Welcome to blogging! It's way easier than scrapbooking and easier to share too! Your kids are adorable!

havingcakeandeatingit2 said...

Hope I can get something on mine in the next day or so. I may have to give Kieran her own. She is working on mine every spare minute.I love you.

Leslie said...

We're all giving in ---it will be fun--keep going! I sure enjoyed having you with me this weekend. Can you believe those cute boys belong to you?!?