Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Spring has Sprung

Spring has finally come to West Lafayette. In the last day or so it actually feels like we are moving quickly into summer! But spring first. The wife of the couple who owned the house before us was a horticulturist. She has planned and planted the yard so that as some perennials bloom and then begin dying the next ones are coming in. This way there is always something in bloom all spring, summer and fall. It is great, except I know next to nothing about flowers/plants and taking care of them. Because of this I have designed a quiz to help you help me. I have taken some pictures of things that are blooming in my yard. If you can please identify the plant/flower and include any info regarding it's care that would be much appreciated. Good luck and thanks in advance. (And yes, I do know some of them. Just had clarify, lest you think me completely clueless!)

A.



B.


C.


D.


E.


F.


G.


H.


I.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh my, this looks like a trip to the arboretum! I'm sure we know the same ones---the ones towards the bottom. The ones on the top--uhuh. Actually you could use a good flower book. Lucky you, to have all those things around you----I'm envious!

Elise said...

I wish a horticulturist would come to my house. You are so lucky to have those things just blooming! As you know, I don't know anything. Sorry! Good Luck!

havingcakeandeatingit2 said...

Leah the flowers are beautiful. I don't even know the names of the ones I know. I'd love to have an art style picture or two of the ones that look a little like daisies. Our Relief Society art class just started and those really make me want to make a picture. I love You. It snowed here today so I guess I still have to wait for spring.

Sarah Harward said...

I know nothing about plants and flowers, but I'm so jealous you have so many beautiful things growing!!

Leah said...

My friend Mary emailed me and said the thinks A is Lily of the Valley. I trust her. Her and her mommy know these things!