Just a few minutes ago as I was enjoying a boogie session with no music with Ian as he eats his breakfast in the high chair I was reflecting and remembering that we have had a few good days this week and that I love my kids.
Not that the other days were bad but, like my sister, I have definitely been feeling like we are stuck in a funk. But this week we did some things we don't usually do and they were fun. Maybe a I took a page out of your book, ur, blog, Elise.
Ian has been struggling with the whole 1 nap or 2 nap dilemma. He is a not a super great napper anyway (he goes down easy but they never last quite long enough) so losing a nap is definitely hard on all of us. I decided that if we were going to skip the nap we should enjoy all the opportunities that the week had to offer that we have been passing on since Ian got attached to his bed.
Tuesday was Moms and Tots at Malone's Gym. We had a great time playing and visiting.
Thursday we went to Imagination Station. They are closing and there were some scheduling mix ups or something so we got to go for free. Repeat the playing and visiting.
Friday we had coupons for free subs as Quiznos so the boys and I picked up Chris and took him to lunch. Afterwards, we hit the play place at the mall, pitiful as it may be. Repeat the playing and visiting.
Of course, while I managed to get us where we needed to go when we needed to be there (a great feat for me!) I didn't manage to get us there with the camera.
It was great to get out of the house and do something different. What am I going to do for next week?
Saturday, February 28, 2009
A Good Week
Posted by Leah at 8:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That wintertime funk...at least I attribute it to wintertime, but maybe that's how life is with little ones any season of the year. It's been winter for so long I can't remember.
I dread nap transitions. Mary is phasing out one of her two naps, and David is phasing out naps completely. Two kids in nap transition at once! I seriously think I'm losing my mind.
I am happy you are having some good days! I love you!
I'd like to be going along!
Post a Comment