Yep, I know. I keep saying this. But it is so true!
Do you know why? Today it is because he can write a potty song. Not a song with potty humor-a song about using the potty!
I have been looking for a no pressure method to encourage Noah towards potty training in hopes that his performance anxiety will be limited or nonexistent. Since Noah spends a lot of time singing to himself when he is playing I thought I could plant some ideas in his head if we could teach him a song about using the potty.
Where do you turn when you need a potty song? Your way talented hubby, of course!
So, here it is. I think it will make you smile and if it inspires you and yours to use the potty, all the better! (Hopefully, it will work for Noah too!)
Noah’s Potty Song
Ian has to wear a diaper
He is still a baby.
Noah wears his underwear
‘Cause he can potty maybe.
Chorus:
No more diapers, no more wipes,
No owies on my body.
When I have to pee and poop
I put them in the potty!
Dora doesn’t wear a diaper
She goes in the potty
Boots and Bob the Builder say
That diapering is naughty.
(Chorus)
When I feel I have to go
I stop what I am doing
I jump up and tell Mommy that
Real soon I will be pooing.
(Chorus)
Then hurry, hurry, chop chop chop!
I run right to the toilet
I drop my pants and underwear
‘Cause I don’t want to soil it.
(Chorus)
And when I’m done I wipe my bum
And pull down on the lever
To flush the yuckies down the drain
And say goodbye forever.
(Chorus)
The next step is to wash my hands
With soap and lots of bubbles
I’ll sing about the ABCs
And wash away my troubles.
(Chorus)
Daddy is so proud of me
The toilet water swirled.
Mommy says that I’m her favorite
Noah in the world.
10 comments:
Oh that is good!!! Chris is quite the composer!
Great Song! Totaly ingenious, Who wouldn't want to go to the potty with such a cool song?
Oh my--lots of verses--do you know them all yet? I bet Noah will choose a favorite!
Wow, love it! Let us know how it works ... even better than Bob's "Yes we can" - you could have a marketing future in this song!
I LOVE IT! How did he come up with that??
that is great. I think that so far, my least favorite thing about parenting is potty training! I will readily admit it. ugh!
Very cool! I'm impressed. I hope it works for Noah and maybe later for Ian, too. Potty training truly is the hardest part of parenting when the kids are this young. It took us a year with Anna, but the fact we traveled, moved, had a new baby, and traveled and moved some more probably didn't help with it. So, good luck!
Hahaha I LOVE this! Oh Chris, I'm glad to see the cheesy poetry skills are alive and well in our family. Great application of your talents :) I was telling my friend about this the other day and I was so proud to brag on my PhD-seeking, brilliant engineer bro who doubles as a potty-song writer. Fantastic!
Too cute Leah! Very talented hubby indeed! I have a big smile on my face now! :)
Who knew he had such talent?? I'm impressed!
Post a Comment