Sunday, March 8, 2009

The New Neopolitan?

I have been planning on doing it for the longest time. Mom even helped me pick out the paint chips the last time she was here. When was that? The summer? But time goes by, money comes and money goes, and then there are always the kids. ( I know cool moms would let their kids help but I have to admit I don't have the temperament for that.)

This weekend the time was finally right for a few things. It started Friday night-date night. Three hours free to paint the bedroom. I had taped it before hand so we dropped off the kids and jumped right in.



We had some...deliberation...about the green. It started out too pastel to hold up with the two other colors. We considered something creamy. In the end, the paint store made the green a little more opaque and we used that. I like it best in sunlight. The room lights make it a little too...neon? Anyway, I was pleased with the end results. Which was good because Chris and I both had some 'oh, my' moments while we were painting.

Part of the changes, after we got the room painted, was to bring in the new bed we got for Noah and the future. (Nope, sorry, not pregnant. Think Ian, folks.) Again, getting the bed was one of those 'the time is right' things too. So, Noah said 'goodbye' to his 'good bed' of almost three years while Ian said 'hello.'

It pushed us past bedtime but we finally got it up. Thank goodness for having the right tools. That's all I'm going to say about that!

It takes up most of his room but he is loving the place to play that is free of Ian and grabbing hands. Enjoy it while it lasts, I say. And, what is better than one new fun place to play? Two! Big boxes are always a hit in this house!

By the time we were done we felt like pretty proud but pooped weekend warriors.

(And if you aren't sure about the colors, just adjust your monitor until you find something you like:)

9 comments:

Leslie said...

Yay! Good work!! I like the lighter coloring of the of the walls in the picture with the bed in it--I hope that is what it looks like the most! I want to see the fabric you chose as well. I love the bed--I bet Noah does too, How is the sleeping? Does he still feel like it is his "good bed"?

havingcakeandeatingit2 said...

I like the room and the colors. The bed looks really fun. So if you had to get one to get the boxes I think it was worth it :) Hope the adjustment is smooth and easy. Love ya.

Greg and Tammy said...

WOW!! I think it looks AWESOME and I LOVE the colors!! You go girl!! Those are some crazy good home makeover skills!!

Don and Robin Cooper said...

You are so creative-love it!

The Burnah Clan said...

Oh! I like this! And where did you get that awesome bunk bed...are those drawers on each stair????

Elise said...

I love it! I think the colors are great and I didn't even adjust the monitor. And that bed looks so fun! I would love it put a little color in my wall but it all our builder beige feels kind of overwhelming right now.

Stephanie said...

Ooh- I love the three-toned look with the paint! And that bed is awesome-- what a lucky kid :)

Katerina said...

The bed is seriously cool. Where did you get it? We're thinking of getting a bunk bed for the girls, too, and would like something practical with lots of compartments - just like this cool piece you've got.
I love the colors of their room, too. I wish I were so creative and brave, too, to undertake painting, our walls really need better, fresh colors.

joanna said...

I love that paint job! Alex has a blue room, kind of a medium-ish country blue. After seeing this, I think I want to add a brown stripe across the top of the walls or something. It looks awesome - very boyish.