
Yesterday, after naps, I decided that we would go to Sam's to pick up the few things I needed and we would stop and get the combo meal for dinner. I was fairly certain that I could coax my recalcitrant one year old to eat a cinnamon and sugar pretzel too. Sam's combo meal is my new favorite thing.
In preparation for the outing I took off my socks and put on my flip flops, my official summer footwear. Noah noticed my toenails painted Rockin' Red.
"Nice toes, Mommee" he tells me. And then two more times, each time he noticed them. So sweet.
While we were enjoying our cheap, yummy meal the lady who checks carts as you leave would come over and tell Ian to chew his food and pinch his cheeks. He didn't cry like the other poor little boy she approached. But about half way through the meal the ladies switched. A young woman, maybe late teens, early twenties took her place. And, oh my, the flirting to behold. There were wiggles and giggles, coy looks and smiles. Holy Cow! I guess he is an appropriate namesake:)
This video is a little old but so cute. I tried to be sly but Noah sees me.
One of Ian's all time favorite ways to pass the time is to sing all the action songs you know over and over and over. This is just a glimpse but he is so cute as he watches enthralled and attempts some of the actions.
And to cap off the day yesterday, I have to mention the words that Ian has attempted to say. Unlike most babies (but seemingly in keeping with our kids:) there is no mama or dada to be heard. So far, Ian has taken a stab at open, shut and up. All from Wheels on the Bus. They are the signs he will sometimes do too. He repetoire of signs is not huge and spider and more look a lot alike but he does frequently nod his head which is quite helpful.
Goodness, I love my kids!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Some Funnies
Posted by Leah at 9:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I also loved hearing Noah exclaim with delight---Daddy's home---Here I am, Here I am!
Happy Happy Happy! Fathers and sons! What a magical thing.
So we stopped at Sam's on the way to Louisville this weekend, and since I was hungry we ate there--and the food was SO not as good as the Sam's here. Andy said he saw a sign at ours saying they had won a prize or something for their food, and now I can see why!
So cute! What a fun video. I got my very first pedicure this weekend and thought to myself, "nice toes, mommy", which mom had told me about Noah saying to you.
I love, love, love your blog. Thank you for sharing the most important things: the everyday small joys!
Post a Comment