Thursday, March 12, 2009

Things to Remember...from a month or so ago.

This post is old. It has been sitting as a draft for weeks now, waiting for more things I want to remember or a picture or two. (I wish I posted the little things about what the kids do more often.) So, the news in it is also old. The picture of Noah is the only recent thing in this post actually.

(Noah, not looking me and not smiling, the opposite of the request)

Noah's language skills have improved a lot over the last year. There is still a lot of echoing and imitation, however, and it has really given me a glimpse into the things I say often (perhaps too often?) as Noah says them to me or as a comment to his own activities.

I frequently ask him if he is my boy and if he is my Noah. He always responds in the affirmative. I tell him he is my favorite Noah in the whole world. I don't say all these things together but Noah must have connected them in his mind because we had this conversation awhile back and many times since.

M: Are you my Noah?
N: yeah. whole world.
M: Yes, you are my favorite Noah in the whole world!

While helping him pick up his toys, Noah tells me "Good job, mommee"

While jumping on the bed, Noah says "good jumping"

'so smart, mommee'

The other day he was looking for his blanket and when I told him to check my room he went down the hall calling "Wanket, where aaaaaaaare you?"

It is his bedtime routine now to change his diaper, put on pjs, read scriptures and say family prayer. It has been fun for us since he tells us what is next saying 'read scritures' and when we finish that 'hold still and quiet' to tell us it is time to say prayer.

***

At Ian's one year well child check up (what an adventure-Chris took them since I also had a doctor's appointment and he waited for an hour or so in that tiny room since the doctor got stuck at the hospital doing a circumcision) we got his current stats. He is (at the beginning of Feb.) in the 90% for height at 30.5 inches and in the 50% for weight at 23 lbs 8 oz. Ian is a long lean walking machine.


His walking has come a long way, as I suppose is the case for most babies. His world would be perfect if he could stand from sitting without something to pull up on. Still, the gorilla crawl has lost it's allure and now if he is not walking he does an awkward knee and foot scoot thing.

Whatever his mode of transportation he is never far behind Noah or myself. Something we both occasionally find irritating. He is in the dump it out phase. Anything and everything. Especially if it has a lid on it.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

One of my all time favorites from Noah will always be the time Grandpa asked him if he was his boy---he turned to me and said no, her boy. Noah--you're so smart!
I'd like to be with Ian---right on your heels.

Elise said...

Cute, cute, cute! I know the "look here and smile" request and refusal so well. And Ian looks so slim and long! And get this, my word verification for this post is "messes"-appropriate for the dump it out phase, no?