This is Sparky. He joined the family when Chris and I got married. He is the only vehicle we own. The CD player is on the glitch but I will miss his tight turning radius when I some day have to give him up. I am really looking forward to intermittent windshield wiping and less road noise with the next car we have but on the other hand he is comfortable and familiar.
Our faithful little Corolla is well traveled. Purchased in TX, he has been in UT, VA, and IN, all the states in between and some of those more than once. That is how he got to this point.
We have had not problems with him the whole time we have had him. He runs well and has few scratches despite having been rear-ended twice (once on the way home from the hospital with Ian!) And while I am actively...um...dreaming...of a minivan (I can't believe I am to the point where I am wishing for a minivan!), we are hoping that Sparky will go another 100,000+ miles and that we won't have to trade him in to get the minivan some day.
Here's to another 100,000 miles or more, Sparky!
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Sparky
Posted by Leah at 8:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yea for Sparky! Don is still driving his 1993 Ford Pick up truck! I'm sure our neighbors with their BMW's and Lexus' aren't real thrilled! But oh well!
I hope there is a reward in heaven for faithful cars. If there is the brown van will be there.
I'm putting my Altima up for a heavenly reward. It only has a little over 93,000 miles on it (her)---I think she's a girl---but she is 8 yrs old and drives fine even though she's dirty most of the time.
Keep up the love for Sparky, he does just what he is supposed to!
Post a Comment