Saturday morning we made a family affair of watching the nursery. It was a little wild and crazy-there were a lot of kids. That left us with after naps to hit the Purdue Spring Fest.
One advantage of going so late was getting a good parking spot. One disadvantage was that lots of the activities and demonstrations were over. Next year we will have to plan a little better.
As we wandered into the tented areas we found the goldfish races. I was interested to see how it was done. With straws apparently. They move away from the air bubbles blown behind them.
We passed on the fried and chocolate covered insects and moved right along to our usual favorites-the animals.
We missed the shearing demonstrations but saw the results.

I didn't get a picture of it but I got to try milking a cow (on a dairy cow not a beef cow). Noah was interested but unwilling to have a go at it.
Later we found these little specimens. Noah did touch the hairy crab (I can't remember the name of it but it was hairy like it's spider relative) and held the starfish a couple of times.
These horseshoe crabs were pretty impressive. Did you know they have six eyes and a pretty amazing filter system as they use sand to help grind up their food and then eject the sand and keep the food?
This is not all that cool, but it is the only picture I got with one of my children in it. I will have to work at that...
It was a pleasant afternoon. I was surprised that Noah was willing to do all that walking and Ian rode around like a champ in the stroller. We ended the afternoon with some time at the park, swinging and sliding.
Next year we are going to find the cockroach races and the tent where you can hold all the different bugs! Well, where they can hold the bugs!
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Purdue Spring Fest
Posted by Leah at 6:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What nursery? Looks like a trip to the science museum--interesting Spring Fest! I love it that the boys get to see and do interesting things--makes it count that they are smart!
Activity Days activity for senior primary only and parents were asked to attend, so we got junior primary kids down to babies.
Wow- this Spring Fest thing is cool!! Looks like y'all had a good time :)
Post a Comment