That's what it feels like I have been doing lately.
Those emails, phone calls, blog posts, thank you notes, and a visit to see my Mimi who just had heart surgery all got put on hold to crawling out of bed, feeding the kids, changing diapers and wiping snotty noses. You know, the bare necessities.
I think I am finally coming out of it, though. Except for my right ear. Still can't hear out it.
But enough about that. I don't like feeling like a whiner. Well, most of the time. I mean, sometimes you just need to whine, ya know? But not now. This post is supposed to be about the Great Surprise.
"What Great Surprise?" you ask.
Why, the Great Surprise that my mom sent up with my dad. You remember that he stopped in and was able to go to Noah's birthday party? Well, he brought the Great Surprise with him.
You might remember this post from last year. The very last picture is of a painting that I started under mom's direction. And if you read around it you will remember that I thoughtfully left it in her hands to fix and finish.
And she did! And it was a Great Surprise because it isn't Christmas. I think it is an early birthday present.
Well, are you ready yet, my steadfast readers? Are you all aflutter with anticipation?
Oh, wait, just one more thing for the preliminaries-I didn't get a photo that does justice to the whole thing, frame and all. The fog settled in too quickly and I was a little shaky:)
And just the picture.
I know that mom worked over this for a long time, trying to make it better. I think that she did an amazing job and am so happy to have my first Leslie Abbott painting hanging in my home. Hint, hint.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Slogging through the Fog
Posted by Leah at 1:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a great surprise! The picture turned out beautiful. I think you have to call it a joint painting though. I saw it before it was finished and you had made a good start. nothing like a little heat to clear up the fog. Find some sunshine or a fire and get toasty warm, love ya. Just in case this says bigsista it's really havingcakeandeatingit2.
Glad to hear you are fighting through the fog! The painting is BEAUTIFUL!!! You and your mom did a wonderful job! So much talent in that family of yours!!
Wow!!! That is beautiful!!
I'm so glad you're feeling better!
Hope you keep feeling better! And your joint painting looks awesome!
Post a Comment