You might be familiar with Monday's Child. It goes like this:
Monday's child is fair of face;
Tuesday's child if full of grace;
Wednesday's child is full of woe;
Thursday's child has far to go;
Friday's child is loving and giving;
Saturday's child must work for a living,
But the child who is born on the Sabbath day
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.
But have you ever heard this one?
Monday's Child is Red and Spotty
By Colin McNaughton
Monday's child is red and spotty,
Tuesday's child won't use the potty.
Wednesday's child won't go to bed,
Thursday's child will not be fed.
Friday's child breaks all his toys,
Saturday's child makes and awful noise.
And the child that's born on the seventh day
Is a pain in the neck like the rest, OK!
My Monday's child, Ian, has been relating more to the second since yesterday. It came on quickly. I tend not to be an alarmist as a parent but I don't hesitate to make use of my resources either. I polled the other moms on the scene (we were going to learn some about plants and see some greenhouses at Purdue) and when we got home I googled pictures of Roseola rash (I have never seen it before myself) and just in case, measles and mumps (see, no alarmist tendencies at all!). Then I called the doctor's office. Phone calls are free, after all! They said they would call back and in the time that took it had spread some more: down his legs and arms. When they offered an appointment I took them up on it.
I was glad I did when the doctor decided that it was probably a reaction to the antibiotic he was taking for ear infections. So, we got new prescriptions and I feel better about having a child that is red and spotty. I couldn't help singing the song about the speckled frogs all the way home, though.
Five little speckled frogs, sitting on a speckled log...
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
My Monday's Child
Posted by Leah at 12:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Here's to hoping the poor little guy clears up. :)
Glad it wasn't anything serious!
Roan had the same thing. I was baffled too. The doctor had mee come in and we went through the same drill. Not a problem except I have to remember which kid is allergic.
Post a Comment