Thursday, May 28, 2009

Isn't it Ironic?

It's a traffic jam when you're already late.

It's free ride that you just didn't take.

It's like falling love with shoes when you don't have the money.

I have various and sundry lists that I keep, change and forget all the time. When I was young I started a list of names for my children. I haven't used any of them. I have the classic 'Things to Do Before I Die' list as well as the basic, daily 'Things to Do' list.

I also have a list called "When I am Rich." This is basically a fantasy list that will never happen. But if I were to win the lottery that I never play this list is what I would do with the money.

Shoes has only recently been added to the list. I never was much for shoes and never saw the point in having a bazillion pairs when having a few strategic pairs would cover everything in my wardrobe that I might wear them with. But now I found myself browsing the shoes at whatever store I happen to be in and wishing that I could have a cute pair like that. Or those. Oh, or those! But alas, despite my new fantasy I am to frugal and cheap to buy any of them. And face it, my feet, never the best part of my body, have only gone down hill post pregnancy. Finding shoes that even fit is challenge, let alone looking good in the cute pairs!

But here is the true irony. I have bought one pair of new shoes for myself in the last, oh, I don't know, two years? And in the last three months I have bought more than 4 pairs of sandals for Ian, trying desperately to find some to fit his fat feet. And he would rather be barefoot.

6 comments:

Elise said...

totally feel your pain. I have so many pairs of shoes around my house that either never fit Luke or Ava "didn't like".

I finally broke down and bought Luke some sandals from Stride Rite for a whopping $40. Eeek! I don't even spend that much on my shoes.

bow mom said...

Crocs have worked for the fat feet at our house. We love crocs and own more than our fair share. We have a crocs outlet here in Vegas so we can get them cheap sometimes. Let me know if you want me to check the outlet. Sometimes only when the budget it tight it seems but, anyway they are $5.00 a pr.

havingcakeandeatingit2 said...

Ain't it the truth.

Greg and Tammy said...

Funny post. Those silly shoes!!

Don and Robin Cooper said...

Girl, you deserve some shoes! I vote you treat yourself and your feet! Sometimes, well most times, Mom's just do without...make sure you take care of YOU and your feet! :)

Mama Becky Blick said...

stride rite has xw and xxw shoes, thats what we have to do b/c all my munchkins have wide feet like mommy and daddy. however, the trick is to buy them used off ebay- you can get a $50 pair of shoes for under $10 including shipping! I am so not paying that much for a pair of new shoes when they are going to last like 2 months. (well except for Jonah, b/c it doesn't matter if I buy them big for him, then they last for a while.) but Julian's record so far was growing out of a brand new pair of shoes in 6 weeks, and I bought them with room to spare! sheesh.